Comments

• fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    I don't see a need to discuss. As soon as we have a handle on the virus, outdoor festivals in summer will carry little risk. I think they'd be better off discussing the future of bands playing in tiny sweaty clubs.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I think your going to find the big festivals aren’t going to happen this year but smaller ones of 1000-5000 cap might start again July/August.
    if you watch any footage of Glastonbury let’s say, that many people in one place from all parts of the world just not viable, also factor in the travel problems caused by Brexit and its game over this year
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3655
    I think your going to find the big festivals aren’t going to happen this year but smaller ones of 1000-5000 cap might start again July/August.
    if you watch any footage of Glastonbury let’s say, that many people in one place from all parts of the world just not viable, also factor in the travel problems caused by Brexit and its game over this year
    You also have to consider how long it takes to organise a large event and that's difficult in such uncertain times.

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16296
    There's a smallish festival I go to most years where they seem to have rolled over everything ( headline acts,etc) from 2020 so be it looks straight forwardish. They have sold a bunch of VIP packages as well to raise funds but have said if it's cancelled for 2021 they will probably go bankrupt. 
    I was one of those people who was sort of expecting vaccine passports - no proof of vaccination, no entry. I appreciate that is a long way from foolproof but would be some level of reassurance. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3395
    Apparently insurance is a key issue. The insurance companies want ridiculous premiums for covering cancellation due to covid and the festival organisers aren't prepared to put the money down without it. Until that changes, nothing can happen.
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1260
    If uncertainty opens a window for small, genuinely independent or community run events to pop up and eat some of Festival Republic et-al’s lunch then I’m all in favour...

Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2768
    Is this the way the futures supposed to feel ...? 20,000 people standing in a field ...

at least we’re all sorted for Es and whizz 

to quote someone more creative than me