Best Micro Pedal?

What's Hot
joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4026
So, after a small bitch about the lack of imagination of micro pedals, as they all look the same and clone other pedals...

I would like to be proved wrong!

So, price wise I get that they are attracted, but which really stand out?

The Ditto is the one for me that I actually would like to own, and I have also heard good things abour the Mooer Ana Echo

Aby others??
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4026
    pffft, I meant Any others??
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited July 2014
    The TC Electronic Toneprint Minis are great, especially with the editor behind them, much better and more interesting than a small TS clone (not that I'm comparing a drive pedal to a delay, but you know what I mean)

I use the TC mini reverb, and the Ditto

I did have the Mooer Phase 90 clone, that sounded fine. The pitch shifting one was a piece of crap.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4026
    I did have the Mooer Phase 90 clone, that sounded fine. The pitch shifting one was a piece of crap.
    I've heard demos on both of these and pretty much expected those kinda reviews, pitch shifting is hard thing to do right.

Still, sounds like a +1 on the Mooer phase 90
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7973
    Mooer Black Secret is the only one I've had. It was fun, never had a real rat though.
  • therose789therose789 Frets: 467
    The JHS prestige is a brilliant boost pedal and i would be interested to hear what the new tiny fuzz thing from zvex sounds like.  

I also think you get plenty of 'bang for your buck' on the TC stuff is great - particularly the reverb and delay. I would also really like to have a play with a ditto. 

I dont really know much of the mooer stuff - I have a friend who has one of their 'pure boost' pedals and it sounds ok. I would be curious to know if the anaecho sounds anything like the pedal it is supposed to be like! 
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    ...almost forgot, I had the Mooer Chorus as well. That was good, but I sold it on pretty quick as I didn't really need it but fancied trying it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Best mini I've got is a Klone (with buffers) that Juansolo made - unbelievable.

In the more normal ones, Mooer Cruncher is great, Mooer Recho is great,
  • therose789therose789 Frets: 467
    Oh and redwich released a load of rechargeable mini pedals. Dont know if they are up to much... http://www.redwitchpedals.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4&Itemid=45 ;
  • benecolbenecol Frets: 405
    Mooer Black Secret is the only one I've had. It was fun, never had a real rat though.
    I'll second that, but go further in my praise: I've had lots of Rats, and the Black Secret is the best I've had. Ace pedal.
  • I have two mini pedals - a tc spark mini and a malekko omicron fuzz. Both are pretty great for different reasons. The omicron fuzz is simply a very interesting fuzz with some cool internal switching, but is essentially quite basic. The spark mini is a bit more clever with it's latching/momentary intelligent switch, which is a cool thing I wish lots of pedals had. If the internal switch was external on the malekko, well, then they would've made a must-have pedal.
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Malekko Omicron Phaser is fat and chewy.
    PiggyFX Schweinfleisch is a great Mk2 fuzz
    I'd love a John Hollis Zombie
    I'd love a NicoFX tremulus lune... but I'm making my own the tonepad pcb fits in a 1590a.
    I really like the Babyface tremolo too...
    then there's that Mythfx Triton
    it's easy to fit a tonepad Orange squeezer PCB into a 1590a
    or a Poodle Pedalparts orange squeeze or zendrive for that matter - they're as good as the real thing... the Koi drive is pretty tasty too...
    I'm making the APIS klon that Juan used for his klon
    I also liked the Guyatone WR-3 and ST-2 :(

I'm trying to build a lovesqueeze with trim pots and an 35mm expression knob used to switch from beautiful transparent to squish - the love squeeze goes great with a zendrive ... but if the zendrives off you might want to add some squash yerself ;)

Basically go and check out here for the bespoke stuff: http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=64752.0

And here for the production stuff: http://www.talkbass.com/threads/tiny-pedals-1590a-pedals.833936/
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8628
    I've just landed a TC Corona Mini and am really enjoying it. 
    The ability to beam tone prints from an iPhone is far from a gimmick, I think it's perfect for me as I really don't like scrolling through menus for new sounds.
     It takes seconds to do if your phone is handy and once it's in I find myself more inclined to have a proper play with it and treat it as a new pedal than I would with a pedal with lots of menu options or preset options that you just scroll past.

Also had a Malekko trem which was very good for a micro.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2460
    Mooer Black Secret
    Yeah that one's very nice. Dunno I'd want to pay £50 for it, but for ~£30 it was hard to beat.
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3682
    There are a couple from Xotic that are top notch. The EP Booster and the SL Drive are tiny and can still be run off a 9V battery as well as an external supply.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18305
    tFB Trader
    I've had quite a few Mooers

Cruncher - Is a good Crunchbox clone and great for Slash tones 
    Black Secret - is an excellent RAT clone and I'd say better than the original as it can do II and Turbo sounds
    Chorus - Is a nice CE-2 type thing
    Trelecopter - (Tremulator) Is one of the nicest ampy trems I've tried. Only moved it on as I have a Flint now. The best Mooer IMO
    Eleclady - Is a Electric Mistress and great for crazy flange sounds.
    Rumble Drive - Is something like a Zen Drive. I didn't get on with it, but then I've had another Zen clone and didn't like that either. 
    Orange 90 - Is a pretty much perfect Phase 90 clone which again is preferable to the original as it can do both kinds. Probably the second best Mooer I've tried.

Xotic Minis are awesome as they are built like a tank and can take batteries 

SP Comp - Is spectacular and on my all time top 5 pedals. The perfect comp in my book.
    SL Drive - It was a nice drive, but I couldn't make it sound like the demos which probably says more about me than the pedal.
  • ewalewal Frets: 2817
    Not tried too many but I've got a Black Secret which is a great wee Rat clone. I use it most in Turbo mode with a fairly low gain setting to add a bit of grit. I like the brightness of the Turbo mode vs the standard II sound. I've also got a Tonepad Rat clone which I use for fuzzier higher gain tones.
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    I've used quite a few of the Mooers. The Eleclady is OK- not as good as, but a lot easier to fit on a pedalboard than a proper Electric Mistress.
    The Mooer Phase 90 is great.
    The Trelicopter, Black Secret and Fuzzface clones are also very good.
    The Chorus is a bit so-so and the reverb is a bit on the shallow side for me.
    Oh and the AnaEcho is quite nice too.
  • dano91dano91 Frets: 24
    I have the Mooer Shimverb and its decent. Good for creating a bit of ambience, but I can't get it sounding like a practical reverb without sounding crap.

I use the Ditto looper and it's great for playing around with. Sometimes a little hard to get all your loops in time with another, but that comes with practice. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28681
    Does my home-made Pedalparts Stratoblaster in 1590A count? 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 935

Another vote for the Trelicopter here.