(Another) LP Junior DC build (finished!)

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I’d say that was money well spent! Lovely job!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • davrosdavros Frets: 1330
    I finally sourced a proper tortoiseshell pickguard from @SteveRobinson and I think it looks the business!

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bloody awesome, well done!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    Awesome!!
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2609
    tFB Trader
    Really well done..  Proper looks the business gov :+1: 
  • PeteCPeteC Frets: 409
    that's lovely .. how are you liking the P90 sound on a junior ?  I find the "heft" of the junior tames some of the highs which the P90 has - in a good way..   I love the junior P90 tone with the tone rolled off quite a bit for jazz and blues. 
  • davrosdavros Frets: 1330
    edited January 2021
    @PeteC, it's pure rock. It's an Oil City Firewatch, so a little hot, and the geometry means it's quite close to the strings so it definitely packs a punch. It's really a guitar where the volume and tone can make a big difference, backing off both give a more mellow sound, while fully open is very humbucker like.

It's probably my favourite guitar at the moment. Will have to see whether my LP in progress knocks it off its perch!
  • PeteCPeteC Frets: 409
    Both of mine have Ash’s Firewatches in them too.   I’m thinking of swapping one of them for a darker tone and keeping a more aggressive one. I had to get the pole pieces as low as I could on the treble side one of the my juniors to remove some of the bite.   Find them much brighter then most of my HB equipped guitars.  

Finish looks lovely in TV yellow.   Great job .     
    I got a large batch of cans from Steve but I’m waiting for spring weather before doing the spraying on the two junior builds. It’s too cold and damp in Leeds !!