Show us your favourite pedal, please!

What's Hot

Comments

• therose789therose789 Frets: 467
    Mine has to be my pulp n' peel compressor. I was reluctant to spend what I did on it as I had never owned a compressor and my thoughts were 'As much as i like any summers i don't want to sound like him'. 

However because of the blend control it really works for me, the only way i can describe it is that it just adds clarity and 'niceness' to my tone, i get a much nicer sustain from my drives too. I never turn it off! 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Seems like an odd request... okay, here ya go:

A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74470
    jeztone said:

I used to have one of them, there all over the Swervedriver albums. I sold mine on in the end, it wasn't my sound I guess
    I used to have four of them :).

But one was the identical-sounding but just not as two-fingers-to-Dimarzio 'Super Feedbacker & Distortion' (sold) and one had a faulty feedbacker section - I just used it as a backup as a straight distortion (given to friend for same purpose), so now I only have two. I should possibly get a spare :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    Excuse the awful picture - not a lot of light and a cameraphone.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10343
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • shadyshady Frets: 252
    Probably get the most fun out of one of these...

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602

My BigSky or is it the Timeline?

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    ...with this as well though...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ...or maybe it's this.  Gah...'favourite pedal' is a bit too specific, 'sound that induces biggest grin' however.... If I had to pin it down to only three effects on the 'board, it'd be this, the fuzz and the Space Echo.

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6329
    tFB Trader
    These two..... not so much pedals as amp channels in a box. immaculate inside and out and they sound amazing. i build a lot of pedals myself and honestly these are just unbelievably high quality.  I have no idea why anyone would spend £1500 on a klon when you can get a Jester new for about £230.

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4327
    This
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4165

Only had this a few days but upgrading from the 1-button Flashback was one of the best gear decisions I have made!  The sounds are amazing and the presets are a godsend.  I have read the "even the people in my band commented how good it sounded" statement many times, but it actually happened to me this week.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12333
    I'd get an Amp and OD that to hell for £1500 than a Klon :p
  • thorpy6;287706" said:
    These two..... not so much pedals as amp channels in a box. immaculate inside and out and they sound amazing. i build a lot of pedals myself and honestly these are just unbelievably high quality.  I have no idea why anyone would spend £1500 on a klon when you can get a Jester new for about £230.

http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m447/thorpy6/kingsleys.jpg
    Ooo nice. I've heard a lot about the jester and jouster but never had the chance to try one.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 10103
    What Thorpy said ^^^^^^^^^^^

The Kingsley Jester is THE best OD pedal, possibly, ever made imho....

Also, a surprisingly versatile pedal is the Paul Trombetta Rotobone. So much fun, and covers boost to mental fuzz, and horns, and custard and ice cream.... Well, i don't know about the last bit...

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q493/Warren3333/_12.jpg

• LewLew Frets: 1657
    edited July 2014
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74470
    shady said:
    Bugger. I regret selling mine even more now… fantastic pedal. I had modded mine with true bypass (since the stock bypass really does suck, even for me) and a bi-colour LED as well. I sold it to a friend who really wanted it as I wasn't really using it at the time, and then when I asked about it a year or so later, he'd sold it on without even mentioning it to me.

I tried one of the new small-box ones and it just didn't sound as good, plus I see too many broken modern EH pedals, so I will just have to look out for another like this.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2461
    ^ Are the modern EHX pedals built badly? I'm thinking of a couple that I can't really get from anyone else without spending a fair bit more money (bass big muff, soul food)...
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    Dave_Mc said:
    ^ Are the modern EHX pedals built badly? I'm thinking of a couple that I can't really get from anyone else without spending a fair bit more money (bass big muff, soul food)...
    I've had a fair few EHX failures - there are a few people (like millions) that swear by them, though. That said, the jack-mount PCB's which the internet hates can be an issue, though they never have been with mine. Depends how hard you stomp, I guess.
    My main issue is that the jack socket is secured by a nice steel ( maybe even stainless, be still my beating heart) washer on the outside of the box, but held on by a *shitty* plastic washer inside. Shitty plastic washer moves or perishes/erodes and the jack moves = dead in/output. the newer box (XO series and the Glove, Soul Food, ERD etc) have cheapo footswitches, but again, i'd never have known had I not gone inside to tighten up a retaining washer made of unicorn tears. I love the shit EHX churns out, but I can't be arsed to deal with the failure rate, in my experience. I'd love someone else (anyone) to make an SMMH.The only thing of theirs that doesn't piss me off imeediately is their 9V battery with Mike on. Although it's the Danelectro battery with some old dude on it, so, again, depends how much old dudes fit into your life plan.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom