SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: 6V6GT valve

beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
Preferably Fender or Groove Tubes, but will consider others.

My Champ is cutting out after 5 mins or so, so I’m hoping a replacement valve will sort it.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14424
    What make/model are you using at present? 

If you already have a Groove Tube of a known "rating", replacing with another of the same rating should retain your expected level of break up for any given volume control setting.

I have assorted 6V6GT valves of various ages and qualities. I shall have to check what they are and get back to you.

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    What make/model are you using at present? 

If you already have a Groove Tube of a known "rating", replacing with another of the same rating should retain your expected level of break up for any given volume control setting.

I have assorted 6V6GT valves of various ages and qualities. I shall have to check what they are and get back to you.
    I've just checked, and all I can tell you is it's an old Fender branded 6V6GTA. Most of the branding has deteriorated, and I have no idea what the power rating is. I'm not too fussed when the amp breaks up, so long as it works and I know that it was the power valve.

If you could let me know what you've got, that'd be great.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14424
    beed84 said:
    an old Fender branded 6V6GTA. Most of the branding has deteriorated.
    I have one exactly like that but still working. It had served in my Rivera-era Super Champ. It was removed when its partner failed.

I have a matched pair of Groove Tubes GT-6V6-CD-M 113527, "graded" 7 White (normal onset of distortion). For whatever reason, the glass envelope is finished grey-black. I can not tell whether these were made in China or Russia.

These days, I run my Super Champ on a duet of JAN Philips ECG 34157 "USA". The innards of these look exactly like the old Fender-branded Philips Sylvania 6V6 GTA 023564. These were mail ordered from Watford Valves.

FWIIW, I also seem to have a no-name GZ34/5AR4 tetrode rectifier.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    beed84 said:
    an old Fender branded 6V6GTA. Most of the branding has deteriorated.
    I have one exactly like that but still working. It had served in my Rivera-era Super Champ. It was removed when its partner failed.

I have a matched pair of Groove Tubes GT-6V6-CD-M 113527, "graded" 7 White (normal onset of distortion). For whatever reason, the glass envelope is finished grey-black. I can not tell whether these were made in China or Russia.

These days, I run my Super Champ on a duet of JAN Philips ECG 34157 "USA". The innards of these look exactly like the old Fender-branded Philips Sylvania 6V6 GTA 023564. These were mail ordered from Watford Valves.

FWIIW, I also seem to have a no-name GZ34/5AR4 tetrode rectifier.
    Grand. PM incoming.