Reverbs

What's Hot
Garold86Garold86 Frets: 123
Wonderful things. I'm currently running my board into an AC15, with an upgraded tank. I'm not that keen on fiddling mid song, so could do with something board friendly to tap on and off.

What's everyone using these days? Haven't got the biggest budget, say £80. Rules out a lot of the fancy stuff...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6691
    edited July 2021
    It depends how deep you want to go. 
    I was using this until recently. Cheap, cheerful and tiny. 

Donner Verb Square. 

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210439/bunch-of-pedals-most-perfect-all-boxed-some-almost-brand-new-all-for-sale#latest
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12390
    Holy Grail nano is as good a reverb as I've heard should be £50ish.  Was very impressed with @Fuengi s Boss RV5.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7164
    for that budget, I'd definitely second the Boss RV-5. The modulated setting alone is worth the money. 
  • Defo a Boss RV-5. Lovely pedals.

Bye!

• joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    It's not the most versatile but it still has three settings with a secondary mode for each one - the Fender Marine Layer is the most musical, tasteful reverb I've ever used - great hall and room settings, and an actually pleasant, non harsh shimmer setting, and IMHO a way better modulated reverb than the RV5. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17634
    tFB Trader
    The old hardwire ones were really good.
    Not sure what SH prices are like these days.
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2328
    I'm selling a Mr Black mini reverb.   Great little reverb sounds great through my Vox aC30cch
  • StratavariousStratavarious Frets: 3678
    edited July 2021
    Boss be good anytime.. But i use a TC HOF mini..  the toneprints are fun
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9555
    This.
  • AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 921
    joetele said:
    It's not the most versatile but it still has three settings with a secondary mode for each one - the Fender Marine Layer is the most musical, tasteful reverb I've ever used - great hall and room settings, and an actually pleasant, non harsh shimmer setting, and IMHO a way better modulated reverb than the RV5. 
    I'd really like to sit down with some of the Fender pedals one day, this one sounds good on your stuff. 
  • The old hardwire ones were really good.
    Absolutely through the roof mate. It's bonkers. A RV-7 shouldn't be costing close to £160.

Bye!

• AlexlotlAlexlotl Frets: 174
    Which AC15 model? My AC15C1X has a jack on the back for a simple two-button switch for enabling/disabling reverb and trem. If you’re happy with the sound of your upgraded tank and just want the ability to toggle it, this would be the easiest (and cheapest) way. 
  • Garold86Garold86 Frets: 123
    Thanks chaps, few options to look into there. Second hand RV-7s do look far too pricey at the minute, so will have to pass there. The mooer looks fun and won't take up much real estate, but there's a nagging feeling inside that it won't last long on my board.

Alexlotl said:
    Which AC15 model? My AC15C1X has a jack on the back for a simple two-button switch for enabling/disabling reverb and trem. If you’re happy with the sound of your upgraded tank and just want the ability to toggle it, this would be the easiest (and cheapest) way. 
    Yeah, I have the C1 with the footswitch. What I'm after is the ability to go from some reverb to lots of reverb, rather than just on/off. Hence the dual marine layer looking a nice option (albeit a bit pricey).
  • RedlesterRedlester Frets: 1072
    Absolutely through the roof mate. It's bonkers. A RV-7 shouldn't be costing close to £160.
    This is true. I saw a tip about this on a thread here some time ago, and checking the prices I see that these are in demand with prices to match. 

I have that Hardwire pedal. I really recommend it, but those prices are daft. I should think the Boss is the best bet for the OP, unless you only really want one sound without options, in which case any of the cheaper ones mentioned here might be ok.
  • thomasw88 said:
    I'm selling a Mr Black mini reverb.   Great little reverb sounds great through my Vox aC30cch
    These do sound nice. I also use amp verb for a subtle dose and then add my Dispatch Master for a bigger reverb as an obvious effect. I could just as happily use my Mr Black Mini Reverb and it actually goes further than the DM, if you want to get ambient. I find the delay on the DM comes in handy though, so that's the primary reason it takes the spot on my board. I don't particularly like micro pedals or the small knobs, but if you just want a great sounding set and forget 'bigger' reverb to stomp on, without taking much real estate, then the Mr Black Mini Reverb would be a great choice. 
  • dilbertdilbert Frets: 203
    merlin said:
    It depends how deep you want to go. 
    I was using this until recently. Cheap, cheerful and tiny. 

Donner Verb Square. 

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210439/bunch-of-pedals-most-perfect-all-boxed-some-almost-brand-new-all-for-sale#latest
    +1, I have one on my fly board and I really like it. Plenty of variation and types,  I'm quite happy with plate and spring but if you are looking for an ethereal type model, you are going to shell out a few more Sov's!
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17634
    tFB Trader

Yikes they were chips once.

I think I bought a Polara for £70 from an Amazon sale.
  • dilbertdilbert Frets: 203
    I have it's predecessor, the Digiverb on my main board and I really like it, I only paid £25 off the Bay, around 10 years ago. It  covers most bases and and do a fairly sonorous Cathedral sound if that's your' bag.