Android music player app

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I tend to use jetAudio HD Music Player + paid plugins (free if you use Google rewards). I also use Poweamp which has a nice Marshall front end. 
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ducktamine.poweramp.v3.skins.marshall

Not sure which is the better one, JetAudio has some nice paid plugins. 

“Ken sent me.”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ewalewal Frets: 2584
    Another shite YTM feature - browse your library by album and it list albums - fine. However browse your library by artist and it lists individual songs for each artist. So no way of browsing library albums by artist. 

Just so crap. Why don't I ditch it and go with something else? Because of the time required to rebuild my collection. They've got me cornered.
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27571
    ewal said:

Just so crap. Why don't I ditch it and go with something else? Because of the time required to rebuild my collection. They've got me cornered.

Which is why I'd never rely on "a service" for something that I use as often as music.

Apart from being exposed to price changes as their business model permits, you're also exposed to any changes to the functionality offered by that service, and the breadth/depth of music provided, and needing internet connectivity wherever you want to listen to stuff.

Buying CDs, or even digital downloads, and you've got the content under your own control.  The biggest problem I have with CDs, is the space to store them all.  It takes no time to rip them as I buy them (it took quite a while to rip them all initially, but that time investment was well worthwhile) and keep the indexes updated. 
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • ewalewal Frets: 2584
    Yep. I think I'll be going back to CDs/downloads, when I have time to get things sorted.
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11304
    I use Rocket Player. It does most of what I want given the limitations of a mobile phone. The repeat key is too easily hit by accident. I thought I had a knackered sdhc card, turns out I had nudged the repeat thingy.