SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold: Price drop: Gibson ES-275 thinline, 2017, Satin Baroque Gold, £1900 - now £1750

What's Hot
DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
edited January 2022 in Guitars £
The downsizing continues at DB1 Towers. I've decided that I can live without this little beauty, as I'm trying to get down to about six guitars, from the heady days of about fifty-five.

The reason behind the sale is because I've got an ES-335, and this has a similar vibe. It's thinline and it's semi-hollow, and really does have that 335 feel about it. If you find a 335 a bit of a stretch to play, the geometry of this makes it more like an ES-330 in terms of reach - it's about half an inch longer than a 330, top to tail, so a bit easier on the arms if your arms don't possess the slightly simian qualities that mine appear to do. They're very handy for picking apples though.

I bought this from young (well, youngish) @Hattigol - I hadn't really fancied it as a concept, because I had the full fat ES-275 at the time, but I preferred this - it has a lovely, comfortable neck. The contrast between the gold finish and the matt-turning-shiny-with-wear black finish on the sides, back, neck and headstock is really sweet, I think and has a nice contrast with the binding.

It hasn't got a COA, and hadn't even before it arrived on these shores.  I've found the ad for this very guitar at Guitar Chimp - https://guitarchimp.com/products/2017-gibson-memphis-es-275-thinline-satin-baroque-gold - they've got some nice pics of it there, so I'll content myself with just putting a few on here.

I'm not really looking for trades - maybe a hollowbody Gretsch, or  a Gibson/Martin acoustic of medium size upwards, but I'd prefer a straight sale as my dog's vets bills came to more than the price of the ES-275 last month, and I had some business expenses that made my legs water.

As usual, I'd prefer not to post, but don't mind driving to meet up  - the seedier the location, the better, of course, and public conveniences or heavily foliaged outdoor areas are naturally preferred. I'm prepared to be fully masked and to wear rubber gloves, but that's how I've been for decades. I'd prefer a bank transfer or cash because frankly I just don't trust you I'm a Luddite. Anyway, if you're interested in any of the above - guitar/public conveniences/masks, just let me know. You weirdo.  o

All photographs shown are ACTUAL PHOTOS of the item listed and are taken in my front room. Any slight blurriness would have been down to me waiting for a pizza to be delivered and hands shaking with excitement.

Call me Dave.
0reaction image LOL 14reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• rlwrlw Frets: 4825
    V nice but can't afford it.  Phew.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    Thanks! Same here, really.  As I mentioned, I spent as much as the asking price for this with my dog's vets bills last month. Now I love my guitars, but I'd sell every single one in a heartbeat for that daft mutt.
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3377
    That is just incredible!
  • pruddprudd Frets: 682
    Fifty five.......cor blimey Dave, and to think I'm feeling guilty with a meager 15 spread around the house :)
    I'm actually down to six at the moment, but have a 50's ES-350 on the go, and fancy another 6120 and another acoustic. Mind you, I've got two ES-330's, so one will have to go. Maybe. :)
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2322
    Ooh, I like that a lot. Nice price too
    Thanks @Fishboy7 -  I know that it cost considerably more for to buy and import. I just couldn't resist it at £1900 as I thought (and still do) that it was a bargain at that price, but just offering at back into the forum at what I paid for it.
    Call me Dave.
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1117
    Stunning guitar Dave…
    Scotty Moore vibes with this one..
    Funnily enough, as @Hattigol will confirm, I'd thought of getting a couple of HB size P90's and a Bigsby and it becoming a sort of ES-350T for the modern day. Got it priced up, etc, etc...

Then I thought, just get an ES-350.  :)
    Call me Dave.
  • Played this guitar a few months back, it’s superb. 
    edited January 2022
    Cheers Fred. IIRC, it was you that talked me out of getting the mods done. Sensible decision. 
    Call me Dave.
  • DB1 said:
    Cheers Fred. IIRC, it was you that talked me out of getting the mods done. Sensible decision. 
    I thought painting it pink and installing a built in effects unit was a bit much. 

As they say, if it works….

whoever buys it is in for a treat :)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8228
    This was indeed my guitar and it's a fabulous thing. Not 100% sure why I sold it - idiocy is most likely.

And it's worth buying just to meet @DB1 - there is nobody on here with a finer array of gimp suits...
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Hattigol said:
    there is nobody on here with a finer array of gimp suits...

Oh, don't be modest.  :)
    Call me Dave.
  • surfguy13surfguy13 Frets: 133
    DB1 said:
    Thanks! Same here, really.  As I mentioned, I spent as much as the asking price for this with my dog's vets bills last month. Now I love my guitars, but I'd sell every single one in a heartbeat for that daft mutt.
    Sorry to hear about the dog, hope he's OK?  Great screw being a vet!  Beautiful guitar and GLWTS!  
    Thanks @surfguy13 - very kind of you. He's OK thanks - he's fourteen and a half now, and we've had him for six and a half years. I'm his butler. He was a 'rescue' dog, and was in the media as 'Britain's Loneliest Dog' when I spotted him. Good headline, but sadly there are animals that are far worse off than him. Anyway, he hadn't had a good life to that point, and had been stuck in kennels for eighteen months.

He had some psychological problems (thanks to humans) and has always been a bit arthritic, which doesn't get better of course. That, mixed with suspected colitis, has been a bit of a challenge in trying to get his treatment balanced.

I promised him that nothing would be spared to give him a great life from then on and I'm happy to say that it's been the case. He's on the mend - a bit stiff on his legs, but so am I. He's happy and a proper little pig, which is good to see. I love that mad mutt.

Anyway, back to the guitar. Thanks - yes, it's lovely. I've just made the cardinal sin of playing it, and... aaargh. 'Must not waver', must not waver'....
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6439
    You know you love it ! ;)

Awesome specimen, GLWS !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10923
    You really know how to tug on the old heartstrings @DB1, he is a very lucky dog
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8228
    DB1 said:
    Thanks @surfguy13 - very kind of you. He's OK thanks - he's fourteen and a half now, and we've had him for six and a half years. I'm his butler. He was a 'rescue' dog, and was in the media as 'Britain's Loneliest Dog' when I spotted him. 
    It's good that you were never bitter towards him about him pipping you to the title...
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    Thanks @roberty - gotta be honest, we're the lucky ones to have him to be subservient to.

And @Hattigol - I got my own back by pipping him to 'Worst Breath ' title.
    Call me Dave.