Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Ed's blue suit!

What's Hot
ShrewsShrews Frets: 3237
Some lovely outfits on show...until...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-60311248

:# =) :/

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 7432
    edited February 2022
    Shrews said:

Looking just like his Dad Boris!!!

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm not hugely into listening to his music, but I do have a lot of respect for Ed. He's so unlikely in so many ways, to be a huge successful popstar - he's not got boy band looks, he plays a guitar, he's mostly a one man show, usually dressed like somebody helping out at a church hall on a Saturday, yet there he is still despite all of that. Good on him
    I'm scared and I'm waiting for life
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15283
    Here's hoping Sheeran has the good sense to do a Jarvis Cocker by baring his arse towards the audience.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25113
    edited February 2022
    mrkb said:
    Shrews said:

Looking just like his Dad Boris!!!
    I thought there was a hint of Johnson.
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3237
    Sheer-Jo chic is the new heroin chic for men. 

Watch those blue suit sales soar!
  • I'm not hugely into listening to his music, but I do have a lot of respect for Ed. He's so unlikely in so many ways, to be a huge successful popstar - he's not got boy band looks, he plays a guitar, he's mostly a one man show, usually dressed like somebody helping out at a church hall on a Saturday, yet there he is still despite all of that. Good on him
    His Dad is part of Elton Johns management. He was groomed for fame from a child. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8499
    edited February 2022
    He’s got a face like a startled tortoise 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Is it just me, or is that jacket cut really badly?
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• joeWjoeW Frets: 564
    It’s that natural, comfortable  looking stance that finishes the look. Get in my son 
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5737
    Channeling his inner Gumby

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1559
    I'm not hugely into listening to his music, but I do have a lot of respect for Ed. He's so unlikely in so many ways, to be a huge successful popstar - he's not got boy band looks, he plays a guitar, he's mostly a one man show, usually dressed like somebody helping out at a church hall on a Saturday, yet there he is still despite all of that. Good on him
    His Dad is part of Elton Johns management. He was groomed for fame from a child. 
    That's not entirely correct Lustycourtier.
    It's not his dad but Stuart Camp who met Sheeran in 2009 and yes Camp did sign him when he worked for Rocket Music management  (Elt's company). Camp left Rocket in 2014 to form his own company (according to wikipedia etc...).
    Sheeran's Dad was an art curator / lecturer.

I guess you're right in terms of Sheeran's manager knowing how give him a leg up in the industry with the connections / Elton John etc.. but there's no question that Sheeran had to work hard, tour, write the songs. You've got to give him that.

As for the suit (!) - who tailored that ? The jacket is way too tight (or did Sheeran put on a load of weight? Or maybe they were going for that Pete Doherty / wearing a suit that's too small for you chic look? But then the trousers and sleeve lengths are cut beautifully. Oh well..enough of my sartorial meanderings...

...she's got Dickie Davies eyes...
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34318
    Could be intentional... it has people talking, which is half the game in pop music.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28397
    Whoever thought of that legs apart power posture is as dumb as the people that use it.

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20608
    ^ How dare you mock !!?  :lol: 

Tory Power Stances in Full - Guido Fawkes
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7432
    ^ that bloke on the left looks like hes just finished a snowplough turn.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CaseOfAce said:
    I'm not hugely into listening to his music, but I do have a lot of respect for Ed. He's so unlikely in so many ways, to be a huge successful popstar - he's not got boy band looks, he plays a guitar, he's mostly a one man show, usually dressed like somebody helping out at a church hall on a Saturday, yet there he is still despite all of that. Good on him
    That's not entirely correct Lustycourtier.
    It's not his dad but Stuart Camp who met Sheeran in 2009 and yes Camp did sign him when he worked for Rocket Music management  (Elt's company). Camp left Rocket in 2014 to form his own company (according to wikipedia etc...).
    Sheeran's Dad was an art curator / lecturer.

I guess you're right in terms of Sheeran's manager knowing how give him a leg up in the industry with the connections / Elton John etc.. but there's no question that Sheeran had to work hard, tour, write the songs. You've got to give him that.

Yeah that's what I mean, choosing a good manager (or being spotted by one) is just good sense surely? I vaguely recalled that his parents were both in the art world, so thank you for doing the detective work so I didn't have to haha

He seems like he went about forming his craft and developing his fan base the right way, in fact with all the online stuff he was ahead of the game as all that stuff seems normal now, but back then was only just kicking off. I distinctly remember hearing his Nandos rap with Example in 2010 which was a year before his album was released, and I'm not normally an online rap guy so he must have had some impressive reach. I know it was 2010 as that was the year I met my Mrs and our first date was in Nandos... But I digress

Terrible suit though
    I'm scared and I'm waiting for life
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25113
    Is it just me, or is that jacket cut really badly?
    I think the suit's fine but Ed is cut really badly.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6939
    ^ How dare you mock !!?  :lol: 

Tory Power Stances in Full - Guido Fawkes

This "occupy more space makes you powerful" shit does a whole heap of damage. 
    The people in suits with their legs wide apart look like total, complete, thorough, utter, outright, veritable knob-heads. 

I wouldn't pee on any of them if they were on fire. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20608
    mrkb said:
    ^ that bloke on the left looks like hes just finished a snowplough turn.
    George Osbourne. No stranger to U-turns himself, he has nothing on Johnson.