SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Something a bit special for my 40th - possibly high-end Strat?

What's Hot

Comments

• So, belated updates to the above post:

1. I turned 40 last weekend (Boooooooooooooooo  :'( )
    2. finally found out that I got that big promotion I was going for!  (Yay!!!  =) )
    So although I'm now a whole decade older than I was last week, I'm also going to be jumping up two whole Pay Bands as of next month, so should have have some extra leeway financially.

So yeah, any further suggestions or offers on the above request in the original post, I'm all ears! 

Doesn't necessarily have to be a Strat either, I'm open to various options as long as they're not either Les Paul or 335 shaped. (Don't get on with LP's and have something 335-shaped already.)
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • uncledickuncledick Frets: 407
    Bristol Guitar Show coming up.  Always some interesting stuff there.  Have you considered PRS?  I bought an ME1 from a guy on here a while back and it and it's just so rewarding to play.  If you want to stay in the Fender camp, a really good Tele is a fine axe - far more versatile than they look.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bennyboy-UKBennyboy-UK Frets: 1766
    J.P said:
    LSL Saticoy if you can find one. For your budget you’ll get a used one with some change and they’re awesome. Super organic and resonant, all made by hand with brilliant pickups. I’m not sure there’s better guitars for the money *shots fired*, lol
    Interesting suggestion. Gotta be honest I don't really know much about them but I'll keep an eye out!

Anyone know much about these, or played/owned one before? 

https://www.soundaffects.com/electric-guitars-c95/rock-n-roll-relics-blackmore-in-surf-green-over-sunburst-pre-owned-p18303
    Just over 10 years ago I introduced Billy Rowe (guitarist in Jetboy and now Buckcherry) who owns and makes the guitars at Rock N Roll relics to Jeff at World Guitars to help him get his guitars into the UK with a proper presence. It worked out well for him :) .

The stuff he was making was fantastic and I was particular taken by his SG Jr alike which I don’t think he makes any more.

The feel of the things was first class and he has had some well known people playing them including Glen Campbell.

As I say, that was a few years ago now and I think Billy has been touring more over recent years so I don’t know if he’s making the things now or has some other team members - not that that matters necessarily.
    I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for:
    * Hamer Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62.
    * Music Man Luke 1, Luke II

Please drop me a message.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10922
    I’ll be joining you on the other side of that decade divide this year. I’m thinking of commisserating with a birth year guitar, which would suggest something from the golden age of Japanese guitar making. I like Les Pauls and Yamahas so maybe a Yamaha SG. There’s a wealth of great Japanese guitars from that period that are more in the F style
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1573
    roberty said:
    I’ll be joining you on the other side of that decade divide this year. I’m thinking of commisserating with a birth year guitar, which would suggest something from the golden age of Japanese guitar making. I like Les Pauls and Yamahas so maybe a Yamaha SG. There’s a wealth of great Japanese guitars from that period that are more in the F style
    Snap! I was so down about it I bought a Two Rock amp!  :)
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10922
    roberty said:
    Snap! I was so down about it I bought a Two Rock amp!  :)
    I am acquiring things at an alarming rate. Everything except the lyrics I’m supposed to be finishing
  • I have a Valley Arts for sale, SSH but with splitting humbucker, has a floyd though.
  • J.P said:
    LSL Saticoy if you can find one. For your budget you’ll get a used one with some change and they’re awesome. Super organic and resonant, all made by hand with brilliant pickups. I’m not sure there’s better guitars for the money *shots fired*, lol
    Interesting suggestion. Gotta be honest I don't really know much about them but I'll keep an eye out!

Anyone know much about these, or played/owned one before? 

https://www.soundaffects.com/electric-guitars-c95/rock-n-roll-relics-blackmore-in-surf-green-over-sunburst-pre-owned-p18303
    Just over 10 years ago I introduced Billy Rowe (guitarist in Jetboy and now Buckcherry) who owns and makes the guitars at Rock N Roll relics to Jeff at World Guitars to help him get his guitars into the UK with a proper presence. It worked out well for him :) .

The stuff he was making was fantastic and I was particular taken by his SG Jr alike which I don’t think he makes any more.

The feel of the things was first class and he has had some well known people playing them including Glen Campbell.

As I say, that was a few years ago now and I think Billy has been touring more over recent years so I don’t know if he’s making the things now or has some other team members - not that that matters necessarily.
    Alas, that one at Sound Affects is no longer available.
  • uncledick said:
    Bristol Guitar Show coming up.  Always some interesting stuff there.  Have you considered PRS?  I bought an ME1 from a guy on here a while back and it and it's just so rewarding to play.  If you want to stay in the Fender camp, a really good Tele is a fine axe - far more versatile than they look.
    I live at the wrong end of the country for that show I'm afraid! PRS's don't really do anything for me, and I've already got a nice Tele so I'm sorted on that front. :) 
  • merlin said:
    Interesting option! Not one I've considered, but will do some research...
  • Hydra19Hydra19 Frets: 329
    I've got a real nice Stratocaster by Navigator, ESP's custom shop division. Navigators are real nice guitars, with nothing spared. I've had it for several years but I only bought it because it is a Navigator, and am not a Strat guy. I much prefer Jaguars and Jazzmasters. I did prefer this one to a Fender CS 60's stratocaster, Navigators are generally on the CS level

• JonnyBgoodeJonnyBgoode Frets: 118

There was a nice looking Fraser Strat on eBay last week that got snapped up pretty sharpish. It did look very nice!

Theres one there right now:

• Dan_1Dan_1 Frets: 97
  • johnswissjohnswiss Frets: 396
    How about a White Falcon! 
  • foskfosk Frets: 163
    This isn't mine, but it was my 40th last year and I got an 1981 Gold on gold strat, so, how about an 82??

Fender Gold on Gold Stratocaster 1982 Aztec Gold | Reverb
  • SunburstSunburst Frets: 131
    K Line Springfield seems to be a lot of guitar for the money. 
  • johnswiss said:
    How about a White Falcon! 
    Always lusted after a White Falcon! However, I recently acquired a great Duesenberg Fullerton, so that's fulfilling all my bigger bodied, bigsby type needs at the minute!

fosk said:
    This isn't mine, but it was my 40th last year and I got an 1981 Gold on gold strat, so, how about an 82??

Fender Gold on Gold Stratocaster 1982 Aztec Gold | Reverb
    Interestingly, I've been ogling an Aztec Gold CS Strat on eBay recently! I did actually own an 82 Strat a couple of years ago and i couldn't get on with the pencil thin neck profile unfortunately, so don't think I'd go there again.Dan_1 said:
    Pretty, but not really my thing I'm afraid!  :)
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3389
    This is nice and a good price. I've seen and played it and dindude is great to deal with

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/225558/fs-fender-cs-60-nos-strat#latest
  • Kebabkid said:
    This is nice and a good price. I've seen and played it and dindude is great to deal with

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/225558/fs-fender-cs-60-nos-strat#latest
    Damn that's nice, and very competitively priced! Similar to @wesker123 and his fiesta red Strat on the previous page, if it had been a relic finish instead of NOS I probably would be snapping his hands off!