Two Rock Studio Pro Plus vs Carr Rambler

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 25006
    exocet;323695" said:
    your Fuchs may have been based on one of these. Just a theory...
    Sadly it was the shop's Fuchs....

You may well be right - that 'woody' midrange driven sound does seem to combine with a similarly 'chesty' clean sound.

I'm assuming the extra gain stage works as it did with Mark Series Boogies?

There was a degree of compromise between clean and driven tones on those - though generally their cleans were really good (certainly on later versions they were exceptional).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • exocetexocet Frets: 2066
    Many of the Fuchs designs are also based on the cascading of clean and overdrive with a shared EQ. The other issue is that the EQ is often placed in the clean stage i.e. pre Overdrive which can lead to interesting results. The preferred way of EQing nowadays is "post overdrive" so that you can shape the treble content more effectively.
  • I would go for a super reverb or if you wanted a bit more control and controlable grunt via a master volume and a sweet reverb great pedal platform amp go for the dr z ezg 50 a super on steroids clean headroom a plenty but the added bonus of adding a bit of grit too peach have one or two in stock I was in there yesterday the two rocks are great amps but for the sound and venue types your going to be playing I think you would need the 50 or 100 I use the maz senior and it's a fantastic amp but more vox than fender but for the type of music your playing I don't think that's a bad thing your more than welcome to give mine a go and see what you think just get your dad to give us a shout and we can sort it out ,spencer
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1641

Have these on me. Think you're out

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • spenietele;325988" said:
    I would go for a super reverb or if you wanted a bit more control and controlable grunt via a master volume and a sweet reverb great pedal platform amp go for the dr z ezg 50 a super on steroids clean headroom a plenty but the added bonus of adding a bit of grit too peach have one or two in stock I was in there yesterday the two rocks are great amps but for the sound and venue types your going to be playing I think you would need the 50 or 100 I use the maz senior and it's a fantastic amp but more vox than fender but for the type of music your playing I don't think that's a bad thing your more than welcome to give mine a go and see what you think just get your dad to give us a shout and we can sort it out ,spencer
    Hi Spencer, I picked up a Matamp 1224 - the right kind of thing I was looking for. Have used one on a tour before and got it for a good price. Cheers though, much appreciated
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7406
    @spenietele - Oi - SPECER - I'd like a go to - can you tell Williejones' Dad to drop it off at mine for a couple weeks or so - I'll bell him when to come and collect it..

Ta
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>