SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

sold pending pick up - 1978 Yamaha SA 1000 *** now £800 ***

What's Hot
DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7453
edited January 2023 in Guitars £

Both guitars look and sound great and are really nicely played in , some signs of their many decades of use , the odd ding and mark but nothing worth highlighting as a worry or affects use.

The Tele I picked up from the lovely Rainer and it just feels like an old Tele and the sonic monkey pickups help it sound like an old Tele too . It’s got a 4 way control fitted which means in the 3 position you have a very nice stratty almost out of phase sound to go along with the 3 regular Tele positions.

(Rainer’s FS thread here https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/227496/1983-tokai-breezysound-reduced-now-650-sold#latest )

The Yamaha I bought from my guitar teacher , the only mod over its 44 years is that he fitted a new nut a few years back, it was his main guitar for many years and it’s served him well over 100s of gigs.

I don’t usually get on with semis except for an old 81 Tokai es100 I had once but honestly , this is the only one I’ve had that gets close to it and I’ve had about 10 in the meantime. It’s a corker 

Both come with hard cases and I’d ideally prefer a pickup or a meet as I think I’m down to my last shipping box (and that may not fit the Yamaha)

Both priced to sell -

1978 Yamaha SA1000 - now £900

1983 Tokai Breezysound -now  £525 ! - sold

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7453
    Sorry , slept on it - I can’t sell these.

Ill have to concentrate of selling the Strat as despite my favourite guitarists playing Strats , I don’t really get on with them , certainly not enough to own one worth £1800 anyway 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2651
    Don't you mean you couldn't sleep for fear :lol: 

Like you, a lot of my favourite players play(ed) a Strat but these days I much prefer the good old Tele ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Don't you mean you couldn't sleep for fear :lol: 

Like you, a lot of my favourite players play(ed) a Strat but these days I much prefer the good old Tele ;)
    Yep , Hendrix , Gilmour , SRV , Clapton, Rory G, Niles ,  Robbie Robertson, John Frusciante etc 

Love them all but you can’t beat a nice Tele !

Maybe a Forum name change might be in order for you  ?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Necro bump and some additions as looks like we are moving house and I’m under orders
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10921
    I had a Breezysound of a similar vintage, was a great guitar and the neck was a bit special

The Yamaha is tempting. I bet it's more or less as good as they come
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • roberty said:
    I had a Breezysound of a similar vintage, was a great guitar and the neck was a bit special

The Yamaha is tempting. I bet it's more or less as good as they come
    Cheers Robert, you aren't wrong although I'm bound to say that of course !
  • Sorry meant to say that in the spirit of consolidation , may trade the lot for a single guitar or a booteek combo 
  • Bandit on hold for a fretboarder
  • Line 6 Pod traded for a chicken rogan Josh with the lovely @JerkMoans ;
  • Line 6 Pod traded for a chicken rogan Josh with the lovely @JerkMoans ;
    An honest and honourable bargain :D 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20173
    JerkMoans said:
    Line 6 Pod traded for a chicken rogan Josh with the lovely @JerkMoans ;
    As Chicken Rogan Josh is authentically not a Rogan Josh, are you sure the the goods exchanged were genuine?

Just saying...  ;)
  • JerkMoans said:
    As Chicken Rogan Josh is authentically not a Rogan Josh, are you sure the the goods exchanged were genuine?

Just saying...  ;)
    If you want the truth Kitty it was Lamb but as I’ve promised my wife and daughter I’d stop eating lambs and piggies I stretched the truth a bit in case they saw the post over my shoulder :-)
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20173
    JerkMoans said:

Just saying...  ;)
    If you want the truth Kitty it was Lamb but as I’ve promised my wife and daughter I’d stop eating lambs and piggies I stretched the truth a bit in case they saw the post over my shoulder :-)
    Cheeky fibber. My lips are sealed...
    Oh, wait a minute, how does this forum lark work... ?  ;)
  • JerkMoans said:

Just saying...  ;)
    Cheeky fibber. My lips are sealed...
    Oh, wait a minute, how does this forum lark work... ?  ;)
    At one point it was suggested we post videos and take proper photos to get stuff sold but I find that 6 pints and a curry usually greases the wheels of commerce equally well 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Necro Bump as I’ve been naughty and bought stuff when I’m supposed to be selling stuff .

Lovely couple of mojo laden middle aged guitars for sale here folks 
  • Bump
  • Off hold and both still for sale, I had a loose trade lined up with a mate but realised that I'm doing what I always do and resist selling stuff because I'm addicted to new shiny things.

• JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8947
    Off hold and both still for sale, I had a loose trade lined up with a mate but realised that I'm doing what I always do and resist selling stuff because I'm addicted to new shiny things.

You up for a Special Prawn Dopiaza, 2 Peshwari Naan and a gallon of Cobra?
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoans said:
    Off hold and both still for sale, I had a loose trade lined up with a mate but realised that I'm doing what I always do and resist selling stuff because I'm addicted to new shiny things.

You up for a Special Prawn Dopiaza, 2 Peshwari Naan and a gallon of Cobra?
    Ask me again in a few weeks, you may have a deal amigo !
    edited November 2022
    Bump and small price drops

Someone asked about the frets on the Tele (how much life is left). I’m not great with this stuff as usually with anything 7.25 radius I get it refretted with jumbo as I love the combination.

On this one the vintage style frets just seemed to work so I’ve left them as is , bending is easy and choke free. They aren’t the tallest of frets so although they are in good condition you may not have much room for many fret dresses but I’ve never had that done so I’m speculating a bit .  Happy to send some close up photos or playing clips to anyone interested