Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Blackstar AMPED 1 - amp in a pedal

What's Hot

Comments

• what would be a good  choice of speaker for something like this?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12723
    TimmyO said:
    To say that the folk on the Bluguitar group have "thoughts" about the product name would be an understatement... 

@impmann is it really ignorance of the Amp1 product or a "fuck you we're having that name" ? :) 
    I think the Bluguitar folks may be reading too much into it, although the name is nothing to do with me.

The name actually is derived from "AMp" and "PEDal" and its model number one. 
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1673
    Blackstar have a history for confusing names! "Artisan" and "Artist" What WERE the thinking.
    I have also read (not from Bs) that the St James amp was named for a 'posh' part of Northampton where the company started? They didn't and it ain't. I live there!

Dave.
  • TimmyO said:
    Nosing trough the manual - I like the ability to use cab modelling on the direct outputs.

Is cab-rig IR-based or. ?

Is the signal/modelling analogue or digital? 
    Blackstar say that Cab Rig is more advanced than your standard IR. It’s their own proprietary digital software.

It sounds really good on the dual drive pedal.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7736
    impmann said:
    TimmyO said:
    To say that the folk on the Bluguitar group have "thoughts" about the product name would be an understatement... 

@impmann is it really ignorance of the Amp1 product or a "fuck you we're having that name" ? :) 
    I think the Bluguitar folks may be reading too much into it, although the name is nothing to do with me.

The name actually is derived from "AMp" and "PEDal" and its model number one. 
    I think if the products came out in the other order Blackstar might be rightly miffed. Its clumsy releasing a product with an un-common feature set with a name so close to one of the few other products that is similar. 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyO said
    I think if the products came out in the other order Blackstar might be rightly miffed. Its clumsy releasing a product with an un-common feature set with a name so close to one of the few other products that is similar. 
    Have to say I agree with that.

I like blackstar products and could well be in the market for one of these.

The name wouldn't stop me from buying one but I do feel that they could have been more sensitive with it.
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1702
    This one confuses me tbf. It's doing 2/3 things which is cool, but it's selling itself in places as a Modeller power amp which can emulate the power section of amps etc, but it's got loads of stuff I'd never prob use. For just shy of £500, an ikle version just for modellers with just the power amp section would be good, no reverb, cab emulation etc.
  • Andertons has got around to doing a vid.

Hmm, again the guitar level was much of the time below the chat whereas in reality it would have been a good 10dB louder?
    And, they never said but was the Tube Screamer in the input because they too thought the pedal lacked gain?

Dave.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73061
    Must admit that if there's anything least likely to make me watch an online review, it's that title card.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Hmm. I think this is where my GAS ran out.
  • MaakMaak Frets: 87
    It looks cool!  I'm wondering why they didn't add a higher gain model to make it an all genres in one box.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7736
    Maak said:
    It looks cool!  I'm wondering why they didn't add a higher gain model to make it an all genres in one box.
    There is apparently an Amped2 and Amped3 coming 
    Red ones are better. 
  • MaakMaak Frets: 87
    TimmyO said:
    Maak said:
    There is apparently an Amped2 and Amped3 coming 
    Ah, cha-ching.  It makes perfect sense now!  $$$

Its worth watching this from 25.42 to get an idea of the range of sound you can get from this.

• This really ticks all the boxes for me. 

I'm going to try one tomorrow. The chancellor has agreed the budgetary requirements. 

If the sound lives up to expectations I'll be coming home with one. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It does look a great all rounder… FFS
  • @relic245 I’m really interested in one of these but I’m not able to get out and try one at the mo. The demos sound fantastic but would be really welcome to hear your feedback when you get hands on with one if you don’t mind doing a bit of a review here? 
    I have listened to all the demo vids posted here so far but one important piece of information is lacking...WTF is the speaker we are listening to in each case? Make of mic and its placing would also be nice. FSS. This morning was listening to a B&W YT of Earl Hines and his B&D guys telling us his musical story. That recording was better balanced than ANY of those demos!

Dave.
    ecc83 said:
    I have listened to all the demo vids posted here so far but one important piece of information is lacking...WTF is the speaker we are listening to in each case? Make of mic and its placing would also be nice. FSS. This morning was listening to a B&W YT of Earl Hines and his B&D guys telling us his musical story. That recording was better balanced than ANY of those demos!

Dave.
    Dave,

If you've watched the one I posted, he actually tells you what he's doing - and uses CabRig for a lot of it, and then at the end into a live cab at volume.