SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB - Collings Julian Lage 470 FOUND ONE

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• mavthelabmavthelab Frets: 28
    Hello all, I received a new Blonde 470 JL a few weeks ago.  For those interested here are my initial thoughts - I'm sure others may have different views and very open to that!!

It is, as you would expect, exquisite, and very much its own thing.  Very responsive, articulate, resonant and inspiring to play.  Meanwhile, kick on a dirt pedal and it rocks.  

It is very different to other Collings (albeit the Collings build quality oozes out of it - it is very special), and the construction is, I understand, different to the Gretsch.  

Early days, but personally I love it - I would describe it like driving a single seater sports car - very direct and you feel everything about it and are in total control of it.  It inspires me to play in a very different way, and people I play with have commented the same.  It makes me play far more sensitively and pull notes and runs out that I frankly didnt know I had, and at the same time it makes me want to just sit and play all the time and become a much better player.  What more could you ask for?

Is it better than the Gretsch - I don't know, only because I haven't owned one.  I played a 1957 Duo Jet in Carter Vintage out in Nashville a few weeks ago, and it wasn't a patch on the 470.  Like not even close.  However I haven't played the Gretsch Masterbuilt and would be interested to compare them at some point as I hear great things about them.  There is clearly a price difference to consider too, as with all things Collings.

Meanwhile, if you have the budget and are hovering over ordering one, I wouldn't hesitate.  Very happy 470 player here!

Now if only I had even 10% the talent of the man himself....
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • donnerdonner Frets: 48
    For all the desperate seekers and the wishful thinkers and to revive this old , but interesting thread:

PSA: A used Collings 470 Julian Lage popped up at Guitarguitar for a bit north of 6 Grands
    https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/px231229417291006--collings-470-jl-julian-lage-antiqued-blonde-pre-owned

CHeers,
    Jochen
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • musicman100musicman100 Frets: 1810
    mavthelab said:
    Hello all, I received a new Blonde 470 JL a few weeks ago.  For those interested here are my initial thoughts - I'm sure others may have different views and very open to that!!

It is, as you would expect, exquisite, and very much its own thing.  Very responsive, articulate, resonant and inspiring to play.  Meanwhile, kick on a dirt pedal and it rocks.  

It is very different to other Collings (albeit the Collings build quality oozes out of it - it is very special), and the construction is, I understand, different to the Gretsch.  

Early days, but personally I love it - I would describe it like driving a single seater sports car - very direct and you feel everything about it and are in total control of it.  It inspires me to play in a very different way, and people I play with have commented the same.  It makes me play far more sensitively and pull notes and runs out that I frankly didnt know I had, and at the same time it makes me want to just sit and play all the time and become a much better player.  What more could you ask for?

Is it better than the Gretsch - I don't know, only because I haven't owned one.  I played a 1957 Duo Jet in Carter Vintage out in Nashville a few weeks ago, and it wasn't a patch on the 470.  Like not even close.  However I haven't played the Gretsch Masterbuilt and would be interested to compare them at some point as I hear great things about them.  There is clearly a price difference to consider too, as with all things Collings.

Meanwhile, if you have the budget and are hovering over ordering one, I wouldn't hesitate.  Very happy 470 player here!

Now if only I had even 10% the talent of the man himself....
    Tbh it’s probably cheaper than a gretsch Masterbuilt, 
    they do look very nice n congratulations 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom