New Two Rock Vintage Deluxe?

What's Hot
allenallen Frets: 714
Introducing the Two Rock Vintage Deluxe…. This one looks a bit nice!  The newest amp in the Two-Rock family is the result of a strong commitment to tradition, an obsession with vintage tone and feel, and a love of modern design. The Vintage Deluxe is a single-channel amplifier built on a steel chassis and features a full tube analog reverb with a bias tremolo circuit. A new feature for Two-Rock, this amplifier adds a Texture switch which changes the feel of the amp from a soft scooped front-end to a faster attack with an increased amount of harmonic content and texture. Another unique function is the Tone Stack switch. When engaged via the footswitch or toggle, the tone stack on the front on the amplifier is bypassed and a secondary tone stack with a single tone control on the back on the amplifier becomes active. This allows you to shape your tone from dark and wooly to an over-the-top lead tone.

The Vintage Deluxe will be offered as a 35-watt 2 x 6L6, single GZ34 rectifier version, and a 40-watt 4 x 6V6 version that is switchable to 20 watts.  It can be paired with an all new 3x10”, a single 15” speaker cabinet, or any of our stock cabinets.  Offered in black bronco with vintage silver cloth or dogwood suede with oxblood cloth (suede up-charge applies), with black or brown chassis. 

The Vintage Deluxe gives you the nostalgic feeling from the golden era of tube amplifiers built in the mid-sixties, with all of the performance, trusted reliability, and unique voice that you expect from Two-Rock.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 1155
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Alex335Alex335 Frets: 122
    Looks interesting!. 

There was a quote by Matt Schofield on one of the instagram profiles that I thought really summed it up.
    I can’t seem to find it now but basically he was saying how when you think of the classic reverb sig sound you think of a great blackface fender even thought it really sounds like a two rock and nothing like a vintage fender. 
    And this is the two rock version of a vintage deluxe that reminds you of that sound but sounds like a two rock

this did make me laugh as I’m a two rock fan but never understood the super reverb reference that you hear so much about as none of them sound like any super reverb I’ve ever heard.. ( I’ve oven vintage supers and a classical reverb sig ) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StuartMac290StuartMac290 Frets: 1474
    Alex335 said:
    Looks interesting!. 

There was a quote by Matt Schofield on one of the instagram profiles that I thought really summed it up.
    I can’t seem to find it now but basically he was saying how when you think of the classic reverb sig sound you think of a great blackface fender even thought it really sounds like a two rock and nothing like a vintage fender. 
    And this is the two rock version of a vintage deluxe that reminds you of that sound but sounds like a two rock

this did make me laugh as I’m a two rock fan but never understood the super reverb reference that you hear so much about as none of them sound like any super reverb I’ve ever heard.. ( I’ve oven vintage supers and a classical reverb sig ) 

I've said this before but the term "blackface" is the most overused word in amplifier marketing. The vast majority of amps that claim to "nail those blackface tones" sound absolutely nothing like vintage Fenders. A scooped, glassy sound does not blackface make!

The only modern amps I've heard that actually sound like old amps are the Louis Electric ones, which really aren't that glassy at all.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    there is no point trying to dodge this. I will be buying this head, it sounds fantastic and a great edition to have in your amp options. 

the range two-rock offer is pretty powerful as a set of tools, and this for me was the missing bit in the style they cater for
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2595
    tFB Trader
    Looks like a nice package.

A Blackface Deluxe and a Blackface super reverb don't sound the same as each other, this won't sound like either as the cabinet configuration is very different. Bet it still sounds great though.
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4727
    Looks like a nice package.

A Blackface Deluxe and a Blackface super reverb don't sound the same as each other, this won't sound like either as the cabinet configuration is very different. Bet it still sounds great though.
    Yeah looks a nice amp, but cab will make a big difference.

I wonder how they have spec'd the transformers, I often think the modern versions of classic amps miss some of the vibe by over engineering these elements.  Nothing wrong with 'improving' on classic designs, but much of what I like about the originals is the sweetness you get from sympathetic interactions between sometimes struggling amp sections.    Things tend to sound a bit harder when everything is so well engineered.

That said, I'm sure this is fantastic.

• menamestommenamestom Frets: 4727

They are on the Coda website, only £5,549 for the Combo's.

Hard to refuse at them prices.
    14reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

• They are on the Coda website, only £5,549 for the Combo's.

Hard to refuse at them prices.
    they really are a hell of a lot of money arent they, blimey 
    https://www.gbmusic.co.uk/

PA Hire and Event Management
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2221
    In stock at Peach now.  I'm so tempted by the suede 35w combo, ...... 

https://www.peachguitars.com/two-rock-vintage-deluxe-35w-combo-dogwood-suede.htm

Anyone tried one yet?   
    The online clips do sound impressive! 
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    how many £$millions is this?
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

The 35w at Peach has gone now anyway (thank God).  
  • Has anyone played one?
  • @JamesOnGuitarYT has done some demos, did not seem hugely blown away. Neither was I, listening to demos. 
  • AndyJPAndyJP Frets: 221
    At that price I’ll take two. So I have one as a spare!
    @mbabst ;
    yes was really impressed with the 35watt. 
    I’ve found that for some reason there’s a whole load of two rock demos out there they sound awful. And I mean truly bad. 
    I
     have a Bloomfield drive which is glorious and have seen demos where I have no idea how they’re making the amp sound so awful.. 
    I’m also not a big fan of the two rock speakers but back to the vintage deluxe. 

It’s very fendery but not another black panel clone. 
    The reverb is sublime and it definitely feels more two rock than fender to play but not super stiff unless it’s in the TR tone stack mode. 
    Didn’t really like the tone or feel of that much preferred the scooped fender side of it 

the trem is fantastic too but the tone stack defeat seems like a waste of time, it’s definitely another interesting tone but when engaged the amp massively jumps up in volume! 

• ChrisCox1994ChrisCox1994 Frets: 368
    Alex335 said:
    @mbabst ;
    yes was really impressed with the 35watt. 
    I’ve found that for some reason there’s a whole load of two rock demos out there they sound awful. And I mean truly bad. 
    I
     have a Bloomfield drive which is glorious and have seen demos where I have no idea how they’re making the amp sound so awful.. 
    I’m also not a big fan of the two rock speakers but back to the vintage deluxe. 

It’s very fendery but not another black panel clone. 
    The reverb is sublime and it definitely feels more two rock than fender to play but not super stiff unless it’s in the TR tone stack mode. 
    Didn’t really like the tone or feel of that much preferred the scooped fender side of it 

the trem is fantastic too but the tone stack defeat seems like a waste of time, it’s definitely another interesting tone but when engaged the amp massively jumps up in volume! 

The variable tone stack defeat (labelled expansion) on some older two rock models was great at doing what it's supposed to do, you can get the clean boost but vary the amount of jump - really cool, not sure why they went back to a simple tone stack bypass in these new ones..
    https://www.gbmusic.co.uk/

PA Hire and Event Management
  • mbabstmbabst Frets: 4
    edited January 2
    Seems like there are really mixed feelings about this amp. JamesOnGuitar is really not impressed with the Strat cleans but honestly he already sold a lot of great amps like the Ainsley Lister. Do you think the CLRS is more blackface fendery than the Vintage Deluxe? Can the Vintage Deluxe get close to those Super Reverb cleans with the 3x10 cab? There is an Isle of Tone instagram post and he really seems to get close to those tones and he actually owns a vintage Vibroverb and a Super Reverb.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CxQTC05M7_l/?igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==