F***ing eBay w***ers!

What's Hot

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12064
    Good luck ! Let us know how it all turns out.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Good luck @Fiftyshadesofjay. Hope it’s all over soon!
  • YorkieYorkie Frets: 1565
    That sounds reasonable. But aren't they going to blacklist that piss pot buyer too?
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Sounds fair from Ebay (at this point, fingers crossed). Hope it works out.
  • PabcranePabcrane Frets: 491
    Well, it seems like eBay are being reasonable and sensible - which isn't always the case given the experience of others on here. I do hope this all finishes for you soon!
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7854

They’ve closed the return case and informed the buyer it needs to be sent back to me by themselves within 10 days for a refund.
    What's the breeding cycle of fleas?  If there are fleas and/or eggs, larvae or pupae in the amp, it will take about 3 weeks for the cycle to complete if you use something to kill them and if they don't have a human or animal host.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1547
    Any update?
  • Sporky said:
    I once bought an amp on ebay.

When I turned up the seller refused to take the amount I'd bud (which was sensible but not over the top) and discounted it. Twice. And paid me for the diesel I'd used to get there.

There was nothing wrong with it and I am still confused. 
    I had the same thing with a table I bought. Drove to collect it, handed over the cash and the bloke gave me some back "to cover fuel". Obviously a nice thing to do, but a bit odd.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1823
    edited October 2023
    The more and more times I have to deal with the public online the more I want to go off grid all together. There are truely some astonishing arseholes out there tbh. But also some pretty decent humans too of course. 

Had to leave a FB page recently because I couldn’t stand some of the stupid comments that were being posted. Full of stupid NIMBY Luddites.  

But that’s for another post lol 

This truely is the last place I want to deal with for my hobby now
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Quick and hopefully final update.

After they got notified of the ebay decision they messaged and said they’ve decided to return it for a refund. 

I replied that’s fine but I won’t be meeting up, please bring it to my house this evening. 

They’ve now decided to keep it.
    9reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • What a palaver 
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1469
    Quick and hopefully final update.

After they got notified of the ebay decision they messaged and said they’ve decided to return it for a refund. 

I replied that’s fine but I won’t be meeting up, please bring it to my house this evening. 

They’ve now decided to keep it.

FFS.  Fingers crossed that's the end of it.
  • We’ve been itching for a resolution 
    5reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Quick and hopefully final update...
    Yep, hope-flea!
    12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Watch it turn up on Ebay at twice the price, with all the faults forgotten and no mention of the new friends you'll be receiving with it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • YorkieYorkie Frets: 1565
    I reared haematophagous insects for a research project twenty years ago. Normally you would expect most eggs to hatch next summer, unless they are in a warm and cosy box with one or more lamps. 

Like an incubator. 

Or a valve amp. 

Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I have sold loads of items on eBay, talking high value items and never had an issue thankfully. The highest value item was an Avalon L25 and fortunately I sold it and made all my money back as I got it for a bargain. My biggest issue with eBay is the seller fees, which is just extortionate, as a company they must make an absolute fortune! But it is the best market place for traffic. I am certainly glad to have found the fret board for buying/selling guitars as they are priced right on here and not marked up to account for fees. The more places like this the better!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4180
    I'd rather set fire to something than sell it in eBay.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 4011
    Philtre said:
    I'd rather set fire to something than sell it in eBay.
    at least that would take care of the fleas
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • And just like a household pest that you can’t get rid of he’s back with 2 days to go until the return is closed forever.

After much thought I've decided I can't live with noise from this amp I'd like to get it back now soon as I can always get another it's virtually unused and not gotten into no changes made rsvp to arrange and we can be released from this”

Not going to lie, any politeness or goodwill has now evaporated.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom