SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - 1959 Fender Duosonic Desert Sand Refin - Bargain

What's Hot
MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
edited October 2023 in Guitars £

1959 Fender Duosonic

I bought this 1959 Duosonic from Yuuki Mcclure. It's a player grade guitar, and is original apart from pickguard and pickups and some wiring, tuners and Desert Sand Refin. Someone had put a through body bridge on it at some point, so it was plugged and refinished and fitted with original bridge. Replacement pickguard with a pair of vintage 1960's Danelectro lipstick pickups. Lovely slab rosewood fingerboard with clay dots. I'm only selling as I need a new parlour sized acoustic.

Will come with the hard case as pictured.

Bargain price of only £1295 

Now SOLD to a forum gentleman.

1reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2931
    By heck, that’s a cool ass guitar. Can’t buy but some lucky bugger will. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2246
    PM’d 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2023
    Really disappointed about this. Agreed to buy from Mike. Was going to pay at 7am but then got caught up in school run and builders arriving at the house. Sent a message at 10am apologise for the delay/confirming I was still going ahead and asked a question about the tuners not being original either and what else has been changed, as the description did not mention these. Suddenly I’m no longer allowed to buy it. 

I’ve been on here for years and have never messed anyone around. I’ve even sold items back to people years later for what I bought them for, even if the value has increased.

Looks like a great guitar for whoever buys it, even if it’s not as original as described. 
    1reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Its a ridiculous bargain - I think pretty much anyone on here who likes that sort of thing would have snapped it up at £1500 let alone £1295.

Sorry to hear you missed out Barnezy - hopefully it went to a regular on here who will pass it onto you when they have had their fun with it rather than one of the many bedroom dealer lurkers.

Playing devils advocado for a minute - I've been messed around a few times on here by people who really want something , you give them first crack and then they drop you after going incommunicado. When you price something so low you expect the smoothest sale ever.

I know you aren't like that at all - you are old school but I know from chatting to Mike that he has been messed about before and maybe if he hadn't dealt with you before he assumed the worst.

Me and Mike go a fair way back and tbh Ive messed him round a few times but because we've bought and sold a few times in the past he knows I mean well and he cuts me some slack !
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
    edited October 2023
    @Barnezy youre good at making yourself sound like a victim. Tuners are mentioned. You appear to have clearly missed the point of why I’ve said no to you. Guitar is still for sale, I haven’t said no to you for any agenda, I’ve said no to you because I refuse to be messed about. It’s about principle. It would have been so easy just to accept your payment but I refuse to be messed about. After reading your post above I’m glad I’ve said no to you too. By the sounds of your hissy fit no ones ever said no to you before.

5reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5441
    edited October 2023
    I have had the same kind of rudeness from Mike as well.  He had listed yet another “bargain”. A Cream T which I spotted previously on Reverb being sold as b stock due to finish imperfections

i noticed he hadn’t mentioned this in his listing and enquired about that.  A quick rather childish response followed along similar lines to the above

an endless stream of bargains does make one wonder 

sorry to hear about your problems Barnezy

My experience left me with an impression of a bed room dealer with a distinct lack of community spirit.  Shrouded in a brittle veneer of doing us all a favour
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 16reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2023
    mgaw said:

My experience left me with an impression of a bed room dealer with a distinct lack of community spirit.  Shrouded in a brittle veneer of doing us all a favour

Another disgruntled person ive said no to. And anyone who knows me knows that community spirit is the one thing that IS important to me. You're just trying to be mean... badly. I just have no time for bell ends. Its as simple as that.

If im a bedroom dealer with "doing us all a favour" prices, I cant be a very good one then can I. You'll get nothing but manners from me, until you dont.

It's very simple. I dont need to be selling '59 duosonics at bargain prices on the forum for just £1295, or CreamT for £650 or whatever it was. If you think im a bedroom dealer and not community spirited doing that, I can easily sell them for more elsewhere.

Your point makes no sense at all.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2023
    Looks like I’ve dodged a bullet here. I noticed that a lot of Mike’s FS posts go unsold, now I know why. 

Tuners weren’t mentioned. I read your post five times to make sure. You’ve edited the post at 12:05 PM today…… 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 12reaction image Wisdom
    There you go being rude again, calling people who question your veracity bell ends.  

Oh well 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2023
    Maybe im in the wrong though. I've got a couple of people who think im in the wrong so maybe I am. I should just say yes to everyone and take abuse with a smile. Sucks being me sometimes. =)

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    have had the same kind of rudeness from Mike as well.  He had listed yet another “bargain”. A Cream T which I spotted previously on Reverb being sold as b stock due to finish imperfections

i noticed he hadn’t mentioned this in his listing and enquired about that.  A quick rather childish response followed along similar lines to the above

Any particular reason why the above exchange would illicit the response it did, noticed you didn’t quote that part of my post

Seems to be a stutter.

MikeS said:
    Maybe im in the wrong though. I've got a couple of people who think im in the wrong so maybe I am. I should just say yes to everyone and take abuse with a smile. Sucks being me sometimes. =)

What’s really happening here @MikeS is you have been rumbled……. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3111
    Seems to be a whole lot of breaking of Rule 1 going on here.

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/752714/#Comment_752714

Stay classy, gentlemen.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2023

mgaw said:

I'm still none the wiser what your point is. It appears you may just be bitter because you're blocked and you'll never be allowed to buy one of my "community spirited doing us all a favour priced" guitars moving forward. You can't deal with the emotions that's left you with, and the thought that you'll never be able to resell them for more elsewhere appears to have filled you with dread.

MikeS said:

mgaw said:

I'm still none the wiser what your point is. It appears you may just be bitter because you're blocked and you'll never be allowed to buy one of my "community spirited doing us all a favour priced" guitars moving forward. You can't deal with the emotions that's left you with, and the thought that you'll never be able to resell them for more elsewhere appears to have filled you with dread. =)

That’s exactly right 
    Its good that we've been able to have this talk and sorted it all out.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2931
    My days, this went south quick. 
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6071
    blueskunk said:
    My days, this went south quick. 
    You mean because it’s not mine? I know  :/
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • flyingvflyingv Frets: 555
    Barnezy said:
    Looks like I’ve dodged a bullet here. I noticed that a lot of Mike’s FS posts go unsold, now I know why. 

Tuners weren’t mentioned. I read your post five times to make sure. You’ve edited the post at 12:05 PM today…… 
    Have to agree’ tuners weren’t mentioned in the original post.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.