SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - 1959 Fender Duosonic Desert Sand Refin - Bargain

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• pt22pt22 Frets: 357
    edited October 2023
    flyingv said:
    Barnezy said:
    Looks like I’ve dodged a bullet here. I noticed that a lot of Mike’s FS posts go unsold, now I know why. 

Tuners weren’t mentioned. I read your post five times to make sure. You’ve edited the post at 12:05 PM today…… 
    Have to agree’ tuners weren’t mentioned in the original post.

Deleted. Dont want to break any rules...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Barnezy said:
    Really disappointed about this. Agreed to buy from Mike. Was going to pay at 7am but then got caught up in school run and builders arriving at the house. Sent a message at 10am apologise for the delay/confirming I was still going ahead and asked a question about the tuners not being original either and what else has been changed, as the description did not mention these. Suddenly I’m no longer allowed to buy it. 

I’ve been on here for years and have never messed anyone around. I’ve even sold items back to people years later for what I bought them for, even if the value has increased.

Looks like a great guitar for whoever buys it, even if it’s not as original as described. 
    Sounds very petty to me. I think you are well within your rights to ask a legitimate question @Barnezy and not get shut down. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 12reaction image Wisdom
  • In case anyone wants to hear what the thing sounds like , I’ve been up since silly o’clock noodling . I recorded a little clip to send to @jerkmoans as he got me into this tune but bearing in mind the interest in the guitar I thought I’d put it up. Sorry about the hum - the lights in my den eff around with my amps :-(

https://youtu.be/LtGyGuHds8g

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Do you work for the government? Your vid has been privatised!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    That’s weird , I must have cocked up somewhere - should be ok now 
    Very cool, but who was the mystery player :)
    Very cool, but who was the mystery player :)
    A bloke who has eaten Marc Ribot hoping his skills would be transferred but instead he just got fat
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10511
    edited November 2023
    Barnezy said:
    Looks like I’ve dodged a bullet here
    Yep. 
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6071
    Damn, that’s nice. I didn’t even know you could play guitar! 
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 13300
    edited November 2023
    I'm thoroughly confused by this thread.  Am I missing something?!
  • Offset said:
    Get out while you still can!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Offset said:
    Mike was selling a guitar and ‘something happened’ via PM with some interested parties which led to ill feeling but no bloodshed afaik.  I ended up buying it and love it so posted a video for anyone interested in it (there are a few). 

Some folk don’t rate the guitar , some do but everyone agrees that I’m a twat 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 13300
    Offset said:
    Mike was selling a guitar and ‘something happened’ via PM with some interested parties which led to ill feeling but no bloodshed afaik.  I ended up buying it and love it so posted a video for anyone interested in it (there are a few). 

Some folk don’t rate the guitar , some do but everyone agrees that I’m a twat 
    Ah OK thanks.  Rate it?  I should coco  - I absolutely love it :-)

HNGD (he says, enviously...)
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10511
    edited November 2023
    How are the tuners @DrCornelius  ;;? 
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7450
    edited November 2023
    They seem fine , I haven’t asked them tbh

Seriously though I read the thread after the event in that it said replacement tuners at the point . I’m guessing Mike forgot to mention it but I don’t think for a minute he was trying to mislead . After the event when people called him on it he maybe didn’t respond in the way I would have but by that point it felt a bit pitch forky which may be why.

My thoughts are it’s an old body and neck sourced by Yuuki and modded with some original bits and a lot of replacements . Personally for the price I don’t give two shits if they are replacement tuners - I bought it as it looks lovely , feels like a vintage guitar should and to my ears it sounds great 

I don’t mean any offence to anyone with differing views on here , you are all good people  - I bought it though , not you so it’s for me to worry about 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5441

Seriously though I read the thread after the event in that it said replacement tuners at the point . I’m guessing Mike forgot to mention it but I don’t think for a minute he was trying to mislead . After the event when people called him on it he maybe didn’t respond in the way I would have but by that point it felt a bit pitch forky which may be why.

My thoughts are it’s an old body and neck sourced by Yuuki and modded with some original bits and a lot of replacements . Personally for the price I don’t give two shits if they are replacement tuners - I bought it as it looks lovely , feels like a vintage guitar should and to my ears it sounds great 

I don’t mean any offence to anyone with differing views on here , you are all good people  - I bought it though , not you so it’s for me to worry about 
    Con you are misrepresenting what has happened a few times with the chap Mike S on here, he had form for forgetting to mention things, weirdly always in his favour as well.

sometimes some people are less than we would hope
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mgaw said:

Con you are misrepresenting what has happened a few times with the chap Mike S on here, he had form for forgetting to mention things, weirdly always in his favour as well.

You may be right Mark, but he's always been very straight with me, even when I messed him around in the past. Maybe that means I have an unconscious bias....

We can discuss more in a couple of months over a drink and a bite to eat - I'm really looking forward to that gig !
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
    edited November 2023
    mgaw said:

@mgaw ;; I'm quoting this statement before it disappears. We're nearly three weeks down the line, and your bullying seems for no reason to be back, but now seems to be turning into defamation. I'd like you to back up this statement with

1. The times when Con has misrepresented what has happened with myself.
    2. The times when I had form for forgetting to mention things.

• RolandRoland Frets: 8961
    Gentlemen. We have a Trading Feedback section. If you really need to continue this discussion then please do it there.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24584
    Thread closed. It’s sold and nothing good will come of this.

I very strongly suggest that all parties step away, cool off, and sleep on this.

Don’t forget, we have a specific rule about taking arguments from one thread to another - that applies to everyone equally, and I will use it if this continues from any party concerned. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.