Turning 30 This year

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7264
    That’s the year me and the gf moved to New York for work . Luckily it coincided with Brit Pop so we had all the great bands from back home playing a walkable distance from our flat in various small to medium venues . Saw Blur , Oasis , Radiohead , Supergrass and many more and never had a problem getting a ticket . Even saw Ash play in the local dive bar where they didn’t even have a stage - just moved some tables and set up in the corner . That was a bloody great gig
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12968
    I was a teenager in the nineties so pretty much all of "my" seminal music is now either 30 or about to be 30. Its a strange feeling to be honest. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • steveledzepsteveledzep Frets: 1176
    I don't have any of those.  If the thread had been entitled "Turning 50 This Year,"  I'd probably have a few of those.
  • S56035S56035 Frets: 1181
    One of the times I got to see Soundgarden was the Superunknown tour, Brixton Academy, Tad supported and after Soundgarden finished Chris Cornell came on and did an awesome solo set.

Was this the one where they had to stop midway because a stage diver injured themselves and during the break CC played Raindrops Keep Calling On My Head?
  • S56035S56035 Frets: 1181
    Some great albums on that list. Not 1991 but still a great year. Oh to be young again.
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4221
    mrkb said:
    Omg there’s only one on there I like & it’s   . . . 

Voodoo lounge - Rolling stones 

An album I really enjoyed from 94 is Pawnshop Guitars by Gilby Clarke which is brilliant which I own & Still Climbing by Cinderella .

I saw Gilby Clarke tour that album in Detroit in late 94, so it has a special place in my memories as well.
    That’s awesome ,he’s a great writer  
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72754
    Philly_Q said:
    @ICBM if we did a Venn diagram of your 1994 album list with mine, there would be 1 item in the overlapping area.
    Interesting! So if ‘94 is a bit modern for you, I’m guessing it’s by an artist who had been around a fair time by then, and if I remember rightly you like generally less mainstream/pop stuff than I do, so…

REM or Neil Young?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23261
    edited January 12
    ICBM said:
    Philly_Q said:
    @ICBM if we did a Venn diagram of your 1994 album list with mine, there would be 1 item in the overlapping area.
    Interesting! So if ‘94 is a bit modern for you, I’m guessing it’s by an artist who had been around a fair time by then, and if I remember rightly you like generally less mainstream/pop stuff than I do, so…

REM or Neil Young?
    Weezer - the blue album.  So actually a "new" artist at the time!

I have got two or three Neil Young albums and one REM (Document), but all pre-1994.
  • Apparently, Shed Seven have just hit #1, 30 years after their debut! So that's a thing...
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom