Let's see.. your pedalboards for your acoustic set up

What's Hot
JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
edited January 25 in Acoustics
This could a very short thread lol 

Looking to see what gear people have at their feet for acoustic gigs. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• edited January 24
    Korg KR mini for basic drum beat on the odd track, with a footpedal to start it. That's about it. Everything else, i.e spring reverb and some EQ is in the amp (Chase AAR 40). If I play purely acoustic, I have one of those Aspri spring tank reverb units on the guitar itself.
    My youtube music channel is here My youtube aviation channel is here
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3748

Page turner and a footstool. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2427
    Buffer box for a Sunrise pickup. Not interesting enough to photograph!
  • SupportactSupportact Frets: 985
    This is mine, fairly simple set up for acoustic gigs. The tuner is first, into the Fishman Aura Spectrum (which has eq, compression, and feedback suppressor, and the 'Aura' settings which make the piezo pickup sound less, er... piezo-y). The boss eq is in the effects loop of the Fishman, and I tend to use this just to cut some mids for strumming bits. 

The Fishman has an xlr out so you can plug straight into the mixing desk, or sometimes into a powered speaker to use as a monitor. 

It works well for me, no real 'effects' as such but this just lets me get a good sound quickly. The one criticism I have of the Fishman is that although they can really improve the sound, the Aura models can sound very different depending on volume and what system you're plugging into, so you sometimes have to take a bit of time to set it right. Sometimes if I can't get a proper Soundcheck I'll just turn that bit off, and use it as an eq/comp/DI, which is generally fine. 

• bertiebertie Frets: 13570
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    10reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3595
    My pedal board is for both electric and acoustic because I swap about on gigs. Across the top right to left is the Acoustic - an EH MEL9 into a Mesa Rosetta into an always on Korg pitchblack tuner. The eq on the Rosetta is very comprehensive and makes the guitar sound as good as it can be, complete with a mute and a boost button. XLR out to a desk or active PA cab/monitor. MEL9 gets used maybe twice in the night for specific background drones.Very happy with the whole setup.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SoupmanSoupman Frets: 238
    @bertie have a lol for that one!  :)

• MonkeyboneMonkeybone Frets: 275
    My board has a Line 6 Relay G50, Boss RC20XL Loop Station and Boss VE-8 Vocal Performer. At some point I'd like to upgrade the looper to an RC500, just for more tracks.

My band - Crimson on Silver  For sale - Blackstar HT-5S

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

• SnagsSnags Frets: 5407
    Can't do photos, as I use a Nano+ that is ripped apart and re-built for loads of different applications.

If I'm doing a short set, there's usually no effects.

If I'm doing something more proper then depending on the situation I sometimes use a Boss GT-1 but with no pre-amp engaged. It lets me get chorus, phase, delay and washy reverbs if the occasion demands.

If it's something where I know I can rely on power and be a bit more of a fusspot I knock up a board comprising of: tuner, chorus (CE-5), overdrive (Caline Orange Burst on very gentle settings has proved best), delay (DD-6 and/or Source Audio Collider), reverb (RV-6 and/or the Collider). Very occasionally chuck on a Flanger instead of one of the others (BF-2 or TC Vortex).
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    My board has a Line 6 Relay G50, Boss RC20XL Loop Station and Boss VE-8 Vocal Performer. At some point I'd like to upgrade the looper to an RC500, just for more tracks.
    I'd be interested in knowing how you're using the 20xl looper, are you doing two independent tracks with it etc.
    Jetfire said:
    I'd be interested in knowing how you're using the 20xl looper, are you doing two independent tracks with it etc.
    I'm using it as a single track, I think that's why I'm looking at the RC500, purely for more scope for doing different tracks on the one loop.

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

• CrankyCranky Frets: 2630
    bertie said:
    Damn, bro.  I’m looking forward to your upcoming NVD thread.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bluecatbluecat Frets: 585
    You are a wizard Bertie, I would not want a pedalboard for an acoustic. I mic my guitar and I have an input for a vocal mic on the amp.
    bluecat said:
    You are a wizard Bertie, I would not want a pedalboard for an acoustic. I mic my guitar and I have an input for a vocal mic on the amp.
    Not even a tuner? Well well 
  • bertie said:
    A new band 'Bertie,The Hoover.'
    bertie said:
    Tbf,  looking at that rug, he prob doesn't own a hoover.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HonkycatHonkycat Frets: 4
    Jetfire said:
    bertie said:
    Tbf,  looking at that rug, he prob doesn't own a hoover.
    ahh very good!

Jetfire said:
    I'm using it as a single track, I think that's why I'm looking at the RC500, purely for more scope for doing different tracks on the one loop.
    And now I have an RC-500, got it at The Guitar Show yesterday, just got to get it added to the board and learn how to use it.

• gabhainnngabhainnn Frets: 2
    Current: Baggs Para DI, Strymon OB.1, Carbon Copy.

Future: Boss AD-10, as soon as I can get the above sold and AD-10s become available to buy.

Hopefully I won’t regret this, I have had enough of patch cables and batteries, and I’m only using this stuff in the back room of the Dog and Duck.

Just picked up a Behringer ADI from Gumtree to use during the sale and purchase period, which is the first “economy” pedal I’ve owned!

• thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    edited March 4
    bertie said:
    This has to be one of the best 10 posts across multiple carnations of this forum over the last 20 years lol
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom