Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

How much is your Council Tax ?

What's Hot

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 31157
    188 a month- depressing

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I don't understand why some of you guys are paying so much. I thought London was supposed to be the financial rape centre of the UK, not fuckin' Plymouth or Pontypridd or whatever butthole you live in!?!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16421
    London has some of the lowest council tax charges in the UK. Something to do with density of population. And in the posh areas the council has less to pay for ( given that things like social housing are a major cost). Google/ Telegraph suggests Dorset is the highest.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    edited October 2014

I expect the pay for council officers has something to do with the higher council tax figures, and the density as ETW says.

Thanet Council's CEO is paid £108,200 pa. Yes, that's the one who's being currently investigated, and has been on paid leave since May this year. Which kind of begs a question.

And I know there's some other serious salaries dished out amongst the rest of the incompetent bunch of bastards.

• I pay £WayTooF___ingMuch but it's their decision what I pay 'cos they base it on what kind of house I live in (and it's not a particularly big or desirable house either). I always thought demanding money with menaces was illegal :x
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    Band A

£110 a Month

• d8m said:
    Band A

£110 a Month
    stone me I thought mine was expensive. I pay just under that for Band C.  :-O

when you compare it to my monthly take-home, its still £WayTooMuch
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    It makes the concept of home ownership a joke. Don't pay it and see who really owns your house.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24876
    I think my house is Band D and I pay £86 a month (with 25% single person discount) in a decent part of South Manchester.

Sounds like I'm doing okay, judging by what others are paying....
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    d8m said:
    Band A

£110 a Month
    stone me I thought mine was expensive. I pay just under that for Band C.  :-O

when you compare it to my monthly take-home, its still £WayTooMuch
    If the local paper has its facts straight then where I live is more expensive than Westminster :(

• jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    £200 odd per month in Camden (London) for a (small) house.

Until the downturn, we had 3 waste collections a week (2 general + 1 recycling). Now it's 1 + 1.  

From this thread, I'm genuinely surprised that Londoners seem to get off fairly lightly compared to the rest of the country.  
  • 220 odd here in West Lothian, which I think is one of the more expensive cooncils.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15896
    on the plus side, our police force (sorry, service) have just bought a bunch of new machine guns. I believe we are one of the lowest crime areas in the country, so perhaps they've bought them for the start of the pheasant season.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3090
    Evilmags;379692" said:
    It makes the concept of home ownership a joke. Don't pay it and see who really owns your house.
    Or trying having an oak tree cut down/back in your garden... Funnily enough the council seem to own that too.
  • Wow, some of yours is quite low! We'd be looking at £220+ if we moved any time soon.
  • The worst tax of the lot!
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    edited October 2014
    £212 a month Band F £140 a month gas and electric is this normal nowadays? Don't get me started on Sky..
  • £196 a month. :(
    Link to my trading feedback
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5037
    Fascinating read: http://www.voa.gov.uk/corporate/CouncilTax/howYourHomeIsbanded.html

We here in ROI are coming to terms [???] with Local Property Tax and Water/Wastewater charges.  It is many years since the task of refuse collection was sold to private businesses.  The cost has risen by many hundreds of percent since this happened.  No surprise there.  LPT is reasonably low and most of us do not know how much we will pay for Water/Wastewater but it is almost guaranteed to increase in the next few years.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12460
    Ours went up to £700 a month this year, We had to sack the stable boy, terrible business.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom