Someone just reversed into my Transit whilst I was parked.

What's Hot

Comments

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4071
    Sambostar said:
    What is the deal with insurance? What do I do? 
    Well, when G4S security van reversed into my bike, similar amount of damage....

New lid and leathers.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Everyone's knocking this woman for not seeing you but maybe she did.  You were sat in a transit tipper so she probably made the assumption you were a gypsy....  I believe this may have actually been a covert hate crime.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited October 2014

Thieving itinerant pikie scum (See how I make the distinction from travellers and gypsies) do not drive smiley Transits, they have white MK7's or late white Mk6's at the very least.  Mk5's (Smilies) have become the prestige vehicle of the self sufficient and efficient small businessman who doesn't like to squander cash and obviously, are very good at welding.

Anyway, even if I was a pikie, that wouldn't be a good idea and most people know it, because due to EU ethnic discrimination laws, I could have sued her for all of her life's possessions and still be entitled to have her living in my broom cupboard and mopping my floors fro the rest of her life, whilst my cousins would have caused her extended family endless misery for the rest of their days whilst the police wouldn't touch us.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 2739
    ICBM said:
    If she reversed into a stationary building would you feel sorry for her? :) No difference really except that your truck has wheels and *can* move.

At least it should be an open-and-shut case, unlike when some old bugger reversed into the side of my car - which was also stationary, although I was in it and the engine was running - and admitted liability initially... then claimed I had driven into him, once he'd spoken to his insurance company. That did affect my no-claims even though there was no claim for damage to my car, I fixed it myself.
    Presumably the only way that this could happen is that your car was moving sideways?

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    edited October 2014
    I know I've been banging on about this for some time now, but British schools including Transit tipper identification into their curriculum is long overdue. I mean, how the average person supposed to distinguish a genuine thieving bastard pikey from a hard-working tax paying, law-abiding, member of society once they leave school and enter mainstream life, is beyond me.

I know I've been banging on about this for some time now, but British schools including Transit tipper identification into their curriculum is long overdue. I mean, how the average person supposed to distinguish a genuine thieving bastard pikey from a hard-working tax paying, law-abiding, member of society once they leave school and enter mainstream life, is beyond me.

I thought this was common knowledge.  It is like a sixth sense you are born with being a Brit.  As is being able to identify every Transit model ever produced...until the Mk8..which is made in Turkey and looks like an LDV, which we can overlook.  When I worry that my truck looks too old, the worst insult people can say to me is that they all look the same.  These people should be deported, they have failed the their basic citizen test.

The facts that we have kids out there that can't identify Transit models, just puts the fear of god into me for hope for the future.

I can only assume that if kids can't indentify a specific model of Transit, they should be deported?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Transits are those ones that are like tallish and quite long boxy looking estates with no rear windows right?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    Transits are those ones that are like tallish and quite long boxy looking estates with no rear windows right?
    Where is Theresa May when you need her.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    Sambostar said:
    Out stood by a motorway, transit spotting.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73140
    jpfamps said:
    ICBM said:
    At least it should be an open-and-shut case, unlike when some old bugger reversed into the side of my car - which was also stationary, although I was in it and the engine was running - and admitted liability initially... then claimed I had driven into him, once he'd spoken to his insurance company. That did affect my no-claims even though there was no claim for damage to my car, I fixed it myself.
    Presumably the only way that this could happen is that your car was moving sideways?
    That's what I said - and I had photos as well - but the insurance company weren't interested. Presumably just not worth their trouble to fight it for a relatively small claim.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• martmart Frets: 5205
    ICBM said:
    jpfamps said:
    That's what I said - and I had photos as well - but the insurance company weren't interested. ...
    Ah, but they'd seen your forum post where you boasted about the Voith propulsion system you'd had fitted to your car. ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Do you feel like you;re in the A-team when you;re driving it?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    Sambostar said:
    Transits are those ones that are like tallish and quite long boxy looking estates with no rear windows right?
    See? I told you so.

edited October 2014

What?  Here is a educational video.  It also has a tasty Mk1 Capri in it too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg6WdboK1nY

One of the most fantastic vehicles ever imagined - there you go!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73140
    You'd never get all your band gear in that thing now they've put the engine in the back, which slightly defeats the point...

Still not as funny as Top Gear taking a bog standard Transit to a public track day at the Nürburgring and having it driven by a German woman racing driver who proceeded to overtake most of the men in their Porsches and Ferraris - round the outside of the bends in some cases. She was only very fractionally slower round the circuit than Clarkson in a fancy TVR.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM;384466" said:
    You'd never get all your band gear in that thing now they've put the engine in the back, which slightly defeats the point...

Still not as funny as Top Gear taking a bog standard Transit to a public track day at the Nürburgring and having it driven by a German woman racing driver who proceeded to overtake most of the men in their Porsches and Ferraris - round the outside of the bends in some cases. She was only very fractionally slower round the circuit than Clarkson in a fancy TVR.
    Ahhh Sabina swooon. She's been popping up on Fifth great recently.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28079
    Mk1 Transit = The Sweeney.

The end.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    "Fire up the Tranny" doesn't have the same ring to it as "Fire up the Quattro".