Bang out your own Nut Sauce...

What's Hot

Comments

• pt22pt22 Frets: 385
    I appreciated the shaking demonstration. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7339
    pt22 said:
    I appreciated the shaking demonstration. 
    A happy ending 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1771
    edited April 8
    I didn't know this. What a relief.
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 5042
    For playing Pearl Jam songs?
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bacchanalianbacchanalian Frets: 945
    I stopped watching when he said '...yeah, that is the sound Daddy likes'.

Was that posted on April 1st?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ScreamingDaveScreamingDave Frets: 656
    Thing is, it's not Nut Sauce.  It may do a similar job, but Nut Sauce has silicone and Teflon in, and what he's making doesn't.  So I can't tell if it will do as good a job, but it's disingenuous of him to say he's making Nut Sauce cheaper
  • elstoofelstoof Frets: 2760
    edited April 8
    Once the water in the KY evaporates all the lubricant you’re left with is a homeopathy sized drop of 3-1 oil along with the sticky mess of whatever additives are suspended in the jelly
  • MartinBushMartinBush Frets: 273
    He sounds knackered after shaking the container.
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6937
    I use Loctite Super Lube.

Works excellently but you need to wash the sheets afterward. It gets everywhere. 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 17462
    edited April 8
    I've made some with vaseline and pencil lead.  Often i don't use the stuff anyway, but it comes in handy for some tricky string splays or vintage trem guitars
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 3583
    WezV said:
    I've made some with vaseline and pencil lead.  Often i don't use the stuff anyway, but it comes in handy for some tricky string splays or vintage trem guitars
    Pencil lead...pah! Surely it's much more economical to buy fifteen quid's worth of lube, 3-in-1, and lighter fluid...mess up some tupperware...then go looking for toothpicks? ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BodBod Frets: 1432
    I stopped watching when he said '...yeah, that is the sound Daddy likes'.

Was that posted on April 1st?
    I stopped at exactly that moment too.

Isn't KY water-based?  Surely not a good idea to apply that on strings?
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 8974
    Nah, screw the KY Jelly and 3-in-1 oil.  That's for wankers.  What you need for your nuts is a "silicone" based lubricant like Polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS / Dimethicone), especially if you play hard.
    I believe it was used on all the guitars played on Whitesnake's Slide It In album
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlvinAlvin Frets: 417
    BillDL said:
    Nah, screw the KY Jelly and 3-in-1 oil.  That's for wankers.  What you need for your nuts is a "silicone" based lubricant like Polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS / Dimethicone), especially if you play hard.
    I believe it was used on all the guitars played on Whitesnake's Slide It In album

Why did i have to check that ?     
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12249
    How about white lithium grease?

• stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7339
    Can you use strawberry-flavoured lube? Asking for a friend... 
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 8974
    Re the WD-40 Lithium Grease shown by @ToneControl above. I have used it in car and garage door locks to stop them freezing in Winter and on jetwash couplings. It sprays a bit better than some of the "stickier" lithium grease found in tubes for greasing rubber "O Rings", and used in places where heat resistance is required, but it still leaves a horrible sticky and slimy film that's almost impossible to wipe off.  You know the feeling you are left with on your fingers after handling sanitaryware silicone sealant / caulk even after you wipe it off?  It's worse than that because it's so waterproof.  I've used tiny dabs of it on nuts, Strat saddles and trem friction points and under string trees, and it's a menace to wipe off when it gets on your fingers. Teflon and silicone lubricants are slippery like the feel of a non-stick pan, whereas lithium grease tends to feel "sticky" (it's hard to describe).
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12249
    BillDL said:
    Re the WD-40 Lithium Grease shown by @ToneControl above. I have used it in car and garage door locks to stop them freezing in Winter and on jetwash couplings. It sprays a bit better than some of the "stickier" lithium grease found in tubes for greasing rubber "O Rings", and used in places where heat resistance is required, but it still leaves a horrible sticky and slimy film that's almost impossible to wipe off.  You know the feeling you are left with on your fingers after handling sanitaryware silicone sealant / caulk even after you wipe it off?  It's worse than that because it's so waterproof.  I've used tiny dabs of it on nuts, Strat saddles and trem friction points and under string trees, and it's a menace to wipe off when it gets on your fingers. Teflon and silicone lubricants are slippery like the feel of a non-stick pan, whereas lithium grease tends to feel "sticky" (it's hard to describe).
    I was being a bit flippant, I've never tried it on a guitar, just locks and hinges
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4251
    I'm fairly sure Satchel has exhausted alot of his own nut sauce supplies.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20535
    stonevibe said:
    Can you use strawberry-flavoured lube? Asking for a friend... 
    You bought the 55 gallon barrel didn't you...  ;)
    https://www.amazon.com/Passion-Lubes-Natural-Water-Based-Lubricant/dp/B005MR3IVO/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8