Dan's Guitar Store Precision Picks: Little blue plectrums!

What's Hot
I got sent some Dan's Guitar Store Precision Picks to review, so thought you may appreciate my thoughts. 

https://guitarbomb.com/2021/08/11/review-dans-guitar-store-precision-guitar-picks/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7802
    Well they look really nice and 1.5mm is a great thickness. 
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7165
    They are sensibly priced and of good quality, so a great alternative to the larger Jazz III style plectrum. Plus, you support a much smaller business if you purchase some.
  • 77ric77ric Frets: 539
    They look like they might be a rather good alternative to Dunlops larger jazz III picks, unfortunately I can’t get on with the larger picks, so hopefully they are planning some regular jazz III sized picks. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Yeah, that would make a lot of sense, as lots of people use the standard Jazz III size. 
  • JamieLFJamieLF Frets: 50
    Nice review! I really like them - for me I'm uncertain whether they'll replace the Ultex Jazz III XL, but it's a really close call. They both do things the other one can't and I'm still flipping between the two.
    JamieLF said:
    Nice review! I really like them - for me I'm uncertain whether they'll replace the Ultex Jazz III XL, but it's a really close call. They both do things the other one can't and I'm still flipping between the two.
    Certainly a good pick to have around, and one for my personal arsenal of plectrums!
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17670
    tFB Trader
    I've just ordered some.
    I've just ordered some.
    They are very good and if you check my blog later this week, I'll be giving some assorted packs away for free. 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17670
    tFB Trader
    They arrived and I wanted to do a quick review.

Obviously this is totally subjective and there is a reason why Dunlop do hundreds of types of picks. 

I bought some standard 1mm and some premium polycarbonate 2mm 

Impressions are that the quality is very good.
    They are quite stiff I would say somewhere between Tortex and Ultex 

They are somewhat similar in shape to Dunlop Flow picks in size and shape with a slightly sharper tip (although not as extreme as an ultex sharp). They are extremely grippy, the premium are very nice indeed somewhat similar to something like a John Petrucci sig flow pick.

I think they do some Jazz III size as well that I haven't tried as I've got buckets of them.

In summary well worth a go and by no means a "Cheap alternative" to Dunlop picks.