Western Jam, Firebird Studios, Bristol, 14th July 2024

What's Hot
123457»

Comments

• JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4642
    FastEddie said:
    FastEddie said:
    As my new guitar is an white Epi custom, I think a couple more punk songs are in order. 

How's this?

Great Rock and Roll Swindle is a great idea. I'm up for that.
    I also fancy some Buzzcocks.  What do I get?........

How about we finish on 'Enjoy Yourself' - Prince Buster/Specials?  That could be a lovely way to end the day.

I don't know how to add songs to the list. May I propose the three above.

If that puts too many songs on the list I'll happily lose Fire.
    Just for clarity, the suggested track was Silly Thing.  Can also do Ever Fallen in Love if you want to do a bit of Buzzcocks.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FastEddieFastEddie Frets: 582
    Silly thing and Ever Fallen in Love - Let's do it.
    If I had talent, I'd be talented.
    Injured Veteran and head injury survivor. Bouts of grumpy behavior and brutal humor are to be expected.
    Red meat and functional mushrooms.
    Persistent and inconsistent guitar player.
    A lefty, hence a fog of permanent frustration

Not enough guitars, pedals, and cricket bats.
    USA Deluxe Strat - Martyn Booth Special - Epi LP Custom
    FX Plex - Cornell Romany
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2214
    Here's an update to the song list at the end of this post, and the 'Google Sheets' list has also been updated in @Brocco's original post in this thread. Let me know if there are any errors or anything I've missed.

Updates are in Green fill. I've made some guesses on roles for @FastEddie ; and @Jonathangus ;. I've put the key of 'Enjoy Yourself' as C#, which is the key of the linked video, but I notice that the live version appears to be in C. So let me know what you want.

I've put @mrkb down on drums for the songs he's played before.

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 91
    @stratman3142 many thanks. Per your key, vocals for Queen Bitch should perhaps be in red fill. At this jam I am hoping to play on some tracks that I have not tried before, so given that I played on Queen Bitch last time, would happily give way to anyone else who would like to give it a go. 
    Brocco said:
    @stratman3142 many thanks. Per your key, vocals for Queen Bitch should perhaps be in red fill...
    I'll make the change at the next update.

It's not a competition.
    With this event being almost exactly two months away, none of the songs proposed currently have all roles covered. Please could everyone please take another look in case there are roles you can take  :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
     @roberty are you still available for this one? As I believe you have a new venture that's taking up your time.

We might have to start thinking about instrumentals at this rate :)

It's not a competition.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2096
    Mmm.....not much else I fancy really....it’s looking like a bit of a trek for e few songs ;-(

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    Assuming @Haych is taking 1st guitar I'm up for 2nd guitar on Bad Case of Loving You 
    Wanted to flag that I will probably be absent from the discussion for the next two weeks as I am about to go on holiday. As we do not yet have a full band line-up for any of the songs that have been proposed for this jam, thought it was worth highlighting (below) the songs that have been performed at prior jams with @mrkb on drums (these and more are listed in the master list prepared by @stratman3142 which is on page 2 of this discussion). These historical tracks plus the 8 tracks on the current list that mrkb is down to drum on gives us 36 tracks to consider, recognising that Mark can't play drums on 36 songs! Hoping we can find volunteers for the vocal role for some of these tracks and that the wider list is useful for Harley in considering what tracks he would like to play drums on. 

Alright Now
    Call Me The Breeze
    Champagne Supernova
    Come Together
    Comfortably Numb
    Die Laughing
    Feel Like Making Love
    Fortunate Son
    Gold On The Ceiling
    Hard To Handle
    Hear Comes Your Man
    I Believe In A Thing Called Love
    I Love Rock n Roll
    Keep Your Hands To Yourself
    La Grange
    Let's Dance
    Lil' Devil
    London Calling
    On A Plain 
    Pretty Vacant
    Rocking In The Free World
    Rocks 
    Run To You
    Spread Your Love
    Survival Car
    Teenage Kicks
    The Boys Are Back In Town
    Waiting For My Man

• Ok, so fair enough, it doesn't seem like it will be possible to play the new songs off the list, as it's a lot for a drummer learn (unless Mrkb chooses four new ones from the list?).  The only slot left that appeals to me with a drummer is Molly's Chambers, so put me down for 1st guitar. Bass on that is fairly straight forward so I'm sure anyone of us could play it? 

Given that, there are more songs on the list posted above by Brocco, that appeal to me. Of those, the ones I would choose to play guitar on on most are:

Call the the breeze
    Die Laughing
    I Believe In A Thing Called Love
     La Grange
    Lil Devil
    On a Plain
    Pretty Vacant
    Rocking In The Free World
    Spread Your Love

Perhaps if others say which songs off Brocco's list they'd like to play, we could make progress on the list?
    Though I suppose it's still dependent on having a drummer and singer.

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6963
    Would appreciate Harley saying which tracks he’d like to drum on @FastEddie . I can only take on a few new ones and need to start committing to which ones I’ll do. There’s only 6 weeks until the event. Cheers 
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1