Max Temp today is expected to be 43 Degrees C........ (In Hungary)

What's Hot
Jetsam1Jetsam1 Frets: 656
This is a hot country in the summers and I have done beekeeping for years so can handle 30 to 35 degrees in all the PPE etc doing physical stuff but this is brutal.

We have done almost nothing the last few days as even going out at 5am is pushing it. Almost started heat stroke last weekend....... Not doing anything even too strenuous...........

Another 4 days off this and hopefully the forecast is correct and it goes back to 31 to 32................. I can handle that.

We can get to -15 to -20 come winter though for added giggles....

I am Scottish.
0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SimonCSimonC Frets: 1410
    Come back to Scotland. It’s February all year now.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15020
    tFB Trader
    Wish we could have 1/2 of that at the moment - barely hit 20 so far this July
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10551

I honestly can't remember another year being as wet as this one and the last. It's barely stopped raining since last October round here. My front garden, which is shaded for mist of the day, has been waterlogged since last year, something that has never happened in the past. We'd stupidly arranged a BBQ on Sunday and I ended up doing it under a sail shade in the pouring rain. 

It's actually making me feel quite depressed, which isn't good when you're trying to wean off Sertraline.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • Jetsam1Jetsam1 Frets: 656
    I would happily accept some of your rain!! If we didn't have a water well the garden wouldn't be viable.

Remember, I am still working in this and it is not a week of sun holiday. Day job is mainly WFH office but even indoors I can barely concentrate.
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1796
    Jetsam1 said:

Remember, I am still working in this and it is not a week of sun holiday. Day job is mainly WFH office but even indoors I can barely concentrate.
    This is the thing. 
    I don't mind heat and cope with it well in comparison to some of people here in UK, but it's different when I'm away on holiday in Turkey or Greece in 40 degrees and totally different working, shopping, trying to get a decent sleep without AC etc. 
    I was actually thinking that when I was on holiday last month and walked around in 42C, hat on, water bottle in hand - looking at local guys, jeans on, shirts, driving in cars that looked scorched, with paint chipping off. Not fun. They're of course used to the climate but they'd say themselves that they have enough of the heat and would welcome some of the "British weather". 

• MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3732

Pedant alert

You need to measure using the Kelvin or Absolute scale, so half of 43degC (316K) is 158K or -115degC.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1429
    Came back from Andalucia recently where it was 43-45 degrees most of the day.  And we were sightseeing and walking loads - uphill, downhill etc etc.  Was not pleasant.
  • oh_pollooh_pollo Frets: 920
    It's funny, with rising temperatures I've become accustomed to thinking that 21-22C is not that hot. But then you find yourself half way up a Mediterranean hillside with no shade and you think, "This is plenty."
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5880
    edited July 16
    Friends of ours are from Hungary, Joe's mum still lives there and last year he flew home, as he does every summer, to help his mum look after the house.

The day he chose to paint some of the exterior woodwork it hit 45 degrees.  He had to stop painting because the paint pot kept setting itself on fire!

Meanwhile, it's struggling to maintain double figures here!

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12687
    You need to head south, on the coast we've had some torrential rain days but generally warm and sunny.
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4431
    Went to Ibiza last month. It was 27 degrees every day. Pretty much perfect. Not too hot, not too cold.

Got back to the UK and it was the end of the hot snap we had. I think it was around 25 degrees and could not sleep due to getting used to AC at night.

40+ is too hot! Anything over 30 you don't really want to be doing anything other than sitting in the shade.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11621
    CHRISB50 said:
    Went to Ibiza last month. It was 27 degrees every day. Pretty much perfect. Not too hot, not too cold.

Got back to the UK and it was the end of the hot snap we had. I think it was around 25 degrees and could not sleep due to getting used to AC at night.

40+ is too hot! Anything over 30 you don't really want to be doing anything other than sitting in the shade.
    Anything over 30C makes me want to move to Scotland - until I remember it is full of Scots.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Haych said:
    Friends of ours are from Hungary, Joe's mum still lives there and last year he flew home, as he does every summer, to help his mum look after the house.

The day he chose to paint some of the exterior woodwork it hit 45 degrees.  He had to stop painting because the paint pot kept setting itself on fire!

Meanwhile, it's struggling to maintain double figures here!

I can believe that! I have a mountain of jobs and stuff to do but it is enough just watering the plants and making sure the bees have water.
    I can work outside up to around 33 to 34 for shortish periods but that jump just to late 30s makes me feel a huge difference.

And in India they have been up to 50 C. I cannot even begin to imagine what that is like.

This house is built for 30 to 32 C and keeps cool pretty well but it can't handle this. I am sitting and just sweating at my desk. AC is just too expensive and ecologically dodgy and as we are out in a forest if the electricity infrastructure could even handle that extra load? And howmany units do you need, where will they go etc and anon.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12150
    The only sustainable way to do Air con out there would be with solar panels with a large enough battery storage.  Just use it when you are in the house at peak times when required.  To set it not that low, not like 22c but more like 28c indoors.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    The only sustainable way to do Air con out there would be with solar panels with a large enough battery storage.  Just use it when you are in the house at peak times when required.  To set it not that low, not like 22c but more like 28c indoors.

We have considered solar panels but that really would need a new roof and I really don't want to think how much that would all cost! Been a stupidly rough year financially and going to take a while to get back on track.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28141
    edited July 16
    It's around 38-42 most summer days out here in Abu Dhabi but our infrastructure is built for it. It gets deeply unpleasant and quickly if the AC stops working.

I was outdoors in Kuwait during their hottest ever day of 53C. Honestly I barely noticed. Their heat is genuinely much drier, but really you just can't tell the difference above 45C - it's all just really hot

I got some rain in the UK last week. MUCH better :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • SimonCSimonC Frets: 1410
    crunchman said:

Anything over 30C makes me want to move to Scotland - until I remember it is full of Scots.
    As an English man I moved to Scotland over 20yrs ago - now I remember why.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15020
    tFB Trader
    So yesterday we had rain/drizzle most of the day - Then when I went to bed last night someone left the shower on - So after a heavy overnight deluge it was time to see what the park was like, when I took the dog for a walk this morning - Stepped onto the park/playing fields/sports pitches and initially you get that squelch noise under foot - Puddles everywhere - But to be fair the ground underneath is fairly solid - So 1/4 or 1/2 inch below it is firm, so not a muddy stroll - Weather picking up the next few days so don't see the need for Walter Raleigh to get out his cloak 
  • yockyyocky Frets: 821
    It's about 20 degrees in the shade in London right now which feels fantastic in the sun. My feckless housesitters' inability to water the garden while I've been away hasn't mattered a jot. I'll take this "shit summer" every year over 2022 on balance.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ewalewal Frets: 2684
    crunchman said:
    CHRISB50 said:

Oooft - low blow alert...