A/B switching

GuitarseGuitarse Frets: 165
Hello peeps<br><br><br>Anyone recommend an A/B switch so I can stamp on one switch to go between two distortion pedals? One's set with a little bit of gain and the other is set higher for solos and stuff. Getting tricky having to switch one off and one on all the time. I'll never be a tap dancer!<br><br>Ta<br><br><br>Al<br>
Never ever bloody anything, ever!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28778
    Boss LS-2, or I imagine there are any number of AB loopers on EBay. Try to get one that uses a 4PDT foot switch so that the send to the unused loop is grounded.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."<br>
  • Thanks Sporky. Good advice mate!<br>
  • Just thinking about options / flexibility for the future, having my coffee, and a question popped in to say 'hello'.<div><br></div><div>Mr @Sporky, do you know if the Boss LS-2 switches in a way that would allow it to be used as an - input to AB out (& Y out too?) -or- using the returns - return A &/or return B to output - is there anything precluding this working OK do you know?</div>
    <br>
  • Ive been using an EHX switchblade+ to good effect.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • GuitarseGuitarse Frets: 165
    edited September 2013
    The LS-2 has volume controls though Polarityman, and I have the Zvex Mastotron fuzz pedal and it doesn't have quite enough volume, so the LS-2 would give it the boost it needs (I hope), as well as enabling me to switch effortlessly between that and my Rat.<br><br><br>
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28778
    <blockquote class="Quote"> <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/98/ChrisMusic">ChrisMusic</a> said:</div> <div class="QuoteText"><br><div>Mr @Sporky, do you know if the Boss LS-2 switches in a way that would allow it to be used as an - input to AB out (& Y out too?) -or- using the returns - return A &/or return B to output - is there anything precluding this working OK do you know?</div></div> </blockquote> Not sure to be honest - I think the manual can be had online. It has several modes.<br>
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."<br>
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72719
    I'm fairly sure it can't be used as an A/B/Y out - I think the A and B sends are active at all times, it's the returns that are switched (but I could be wrong) - but it can definitely be used as an A/B or A+B (though not at the same time) to output. It can be used as an A/B/C out though - that's the 'Line Selector' function.
    <p>"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski</p> <p>"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein</p>
  • Thanks chaps
    <br>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><span style="line-height: normal;">Have a look online at this one: MXR M196 A/B I found it to be awesome when running two amps.</span></font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">Now I only have one amp I don't use it anymore and if it tickles your fancy it is right here: </div><div><a href="http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/509/for-sale-mxr-m196-a-b-box#latest"><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><span style="line-height: normal;">http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/509/for-sale-mxr-m196-a-b-box#latest</span></font><br></a></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><span style="line-height: normal;"><br></span></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><span style="line-height: normal;">:)</span></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><span style="line-height: normal;"><br></span></font></div>
    <h5><br></h5>
  • BenSirAmosBenSirAmos Frets: 412
    edited September 2013
    @ChrisMusic<div><br></div><div>ICBM is correct (I think) but sometimes confusion creeps in because of abstract terms (A/B/Y)and the different ways that the LS-2 functions are described (Bypass/A/B).</div><div><br></div><div>I usually find a solution to my switching issue so you should think about what you need to do in more practical terms.</div><div><br></div><div>For example if I want to have a dry signal, one through the fuzz, one through the echo and one through the fuzz and echo together, I would still use the LS-2.</div><div><br></div><div>The dry signal is Bypass on the LS-2, </div><div>the echo and fuzz together is A+B on the LS-2 </div><div>and if I want just the fuzz I use A+B on the LS-2 and I turn off the echo using its own switch. </div><div><br></div><div>Simples. If I'm awake, I switch off the echo before I switch from the dry signal. </div><div><br></div><div>There are additional options on the rotary switch so changing what you need between songs is fairly simple too - once you get your head round what it can do. I think the LS-2 will do what the OP asked for easily.</div><div><br></div><div>I didn't really understand your initial question to Sporky, @Chris, but if you explain what it is you want to do in real terms, we could probably come up with a solution. Using more combinations than the LS-2 can deal with in one song might be possible (and I'm sure people here will try to find some)</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div>