Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Xmas booze thread

What's Hot

Comments

• from what @chillidoggy said:

I don't get much of the marketing propaganda for the supermarket chains so I don't know whats on special. Willing to find a Morrisons & try it for a bottle of Old Pultney.

AFAIK Laphroaig is still on special at Sainsburys.

Anyone else know of good specials at supermarket chains that the rest of us ought to know about?

"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TinLip said:
    Knob Creek 
    My granddad had that.  They reckon it was from years of working in damp conditions.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137

I checked Waitrose yesterday (yes, we do have one in Thanet) but nothing caught my eye on the single malt front.

Alternatively, maybe try https://www.whiskyshop.com/ I can recommend the Balblair 2003.

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    ..that's not what Drew told me.

That's called Boris, so all is well.....

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1492
    Mostly brown beer and red wine, with the occasional G&T. 
  • Need to stock up on some rum, probably Havana Club.

Plus the usual wine and beers
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I'll be getting pissed on port on the day, and probably crying.
    My V key is broken
  • Port!!! I always forget Port, good call.

Port n' Brandy!!!

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• Sainsburys have the japanese whisky that won all the awards on cheap right now but i cant really jsutifying it given how many whiskies i have already.

I fancy a bottle of Ron Zacapa but don't know anywhere that sells it :(
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6270
    Laphroaig should always be on offer, the 10 year old is pure filth.

Talisker Storm is on offer at Tesco atm for £30. Imagine Talisker 10 with added richness. Nice. Though that will be empty by xmas.
    Lots of whisky. Everyone seems ot buy it for me as a safe xmas present option.
    Baileys - yes, sickly, but very festiv.

I shallk do a Costco run soon for port and champagne I think.

Champagne - yes, lots of that too. Some good offers on now, get a bottle in every couple of weeks, stock up.

Beer - those mini kegs, of Farmers' Blonde, Farmer's Stout, and something from Thornrbidge too, Sequoia if I can get it, or Chiron, v v nice stuff.

Loads of San Miguel probably, or whatever is on offer, as we are having a do here, so will stock up on yellow fizzy foregin stuff.

anything really
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    edited November 2014

^^ you've just reminded me that those Speckled Hen party 7 kegs are about. I may have to rethink my less beer stance.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• Sainsburys have the japanese whisky that won all the awards on cheap right now but i cant really jsutifying it given how many whiskies i have already.

I fancy a bottle of Ron Zacapa but don't know anywhere that sells it :(
    That reminds me of a gig we played once which was at a venue adjacent to, IIRC, a Honda factory or offices or summat..Bar served up a very nice japanese lager.

• ^^ you've just reminded me that those Speckled Hen party 7 kegs are about. I may have to rethink my less beer stance.

a slander on the name of Morland! :(
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6417
    Oh ! I keep forgetting - I have a couple of bottles of Talisker 20yr old.  About time one got opened.  Decision - Sherry cask or Port cask .... ? ;)

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • The t'aldi across the road from work have got their t'aldi single malts in too. I think the 18yo is something like £16 a bottle and is supposed to be teh shizzle. Don't think I can justify the £50 on the 24yo one though.

Buy the 18 year old and keep it for Christmas 2020.
  • I checked Waitrose yesterday (yes, we do have one in Thanet) but nothing caught my eye on the single malt front.

Alternatively, maybe try https://www.whiskyshop.com/ I can recommend the Balblair 2003.

good site, chilli :)
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6270
    Jalapeno said:
    Oh ! I keep forgetting - I have a couple of bottles of Talisker 20yr old.  About time one got opened.  Decision - Sherry cask or Port cask .... ? ;)

both! Whisky don't go off, I'd be in both of those, having a dip in each - A/b ing of sorts

• len62len62 Frets: 6
    Auchentoshan single malt from Asda at £22 & some Innes & Gun beers for me.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Snap said:
    Jalapeno said:

both! Whisky don't go off, I'd be in both of those, having a dip in each - A/b ing of sorts

When A's finished move on to B?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• I drank a bottle of cider last night, some concoction with an unnecessary second fruit added. That may see me out to new year TBH. Christmas and Boxing days I spend hours chauferring so alcohol isn't really an option.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell.