new VL day!

What's Hot
allicioallicio Frets: 221
Waited 6 months but it was well worth the wait!!photo IMG_20141213_102331.jpg
Ive had this pedal before and stupidly sold it. Ive never found an overdrive as good!
Fuck knows if the true bypass is wired correctly and frankly I don't care!
Xmas has come early!!!!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• How much did you pay? 

• allicioallicio Frets: 221
    It wasn't cheap.
    £339
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Blimey, guv'nor. Internals on Joe's pedals look nice. 

I'm imagining something like a Liquid Sunshine on steroids here. 

• xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    Man! I LOVE Vincent's builds. BTW email incoming Andy. Looks great, my bullitt boost and jimi face were an unstoppable combo! 
    I know.
    You'll probably think I'm talking bollocks when I say its worth every penny though! It adds a texture and sparkle for want of better words that ive not encountered with any other pedal.
  • Great pedal!
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4959
    edited December 2014
    Quality pedal - had a listen to the demo - very nice!  Interestingly it was only demo'd with a crunch/distorted tone on the amp, and not with a clean tone too, which is very unusual for demo's - but presumably this is what the pedal's designed for. Nice variation of tones although the amp he used seemed pretty nice anyway to start with.  

Your's says 'custom' - presumably that refers to the finish - or is the pedal different inside somehow?

Anyway, many congrats and enjoy!  
    ;)
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    Unfortunately that demo completely misses the tone of this pedal by a country mile. I was really disappointed when the video was released I even asked if he would do a clean amp version as to me (and others that I know with this pedal? a clean amp is where it this pedal really shines. But unfortunately he didn't do another video so it was a bit of a missed opportunity

That's right the custom refers to the Finish I asked for a different colour, its the same inside
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 10088
    Congratulations Andy !

It's hard to describe how GOOD THESE PEDALS ARE !! The videos are pale compared to real life... Enjoy mate

Cheers chaps. I won't be making the mistake of selling this one that's for certain/
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4959
    allicio said:
    Cheers chaps. I won't be making the mistake of selling this one that's for certain/

Sounds like its a real goodie to hold onto, certainly.  Be very interested in hearing a demo with a clean amp if you or any other owners are up for doing one!  As you say, the official demo was a bit odd to miss this. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    When I looking at buying the first pedal there was a French video that was about 15mins long where the guy really went in depth with it through a clean amp. Ive been searching this aft but for the life of me I can't find it anymore which is a shame.
    Ive only got my phone for any kind of recording. I'll have to give it a try and see how it sounds.
  • If you happened to take some hi-res guts shots, including the underside of the board, I'd love to see them. :) R.
    I would have done if I hadn't just stuck my last couple of bits of duel lock on the underneath covering the screws!
    This is a gutshot from the last time I owned the pedalphoto DSC_0367.jpg
  • Without wanting to sound like a grump, what makes this better than a Tubescreamer or Hotcake or Liquid Sunshine, other than a neat handwiring job? 

(genuine question - not meaning to pick holes!!)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    The sound.
    That's the best answer I can give you! Its not like any other overdrive ive tried.
  • Without wanting to sound like a grump, what makes this better than a Tubescreamer or Hotcake or Liquid Sunshine, other than a neat handwiring job? 

(genuine question - not meaning to pick holes!!)
    Can't you hear the mojo??? ;)

R.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I know it sounds a stupid answer and I fidntvmean to sound like an arse, but its the only one I can think of! It just sounds different than any other drive pedal ive owned???
  • allicio said:
    I know it sounds a stupid answer and I fidntvmean to sound like an arse, but its the only one I can think of! It just sounds different than any other drive pedal ive owned???
    I'm interested to know how though, preferably without using the word "bloom"... (It's *really* hard not to sound sarcastic on the internet, but I really am genuinely intrigued!). Not that I should let myself be encouraged. MrsF would hit the roof!!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Mike let yourself be encouraged mate honestly!
    I suppose the pedal ive owned that's perhaps closest to it is a bearfoot shod. But this has more sparkle and warmth and a couple of higher gain modes for a fucking gorgeous drive tone. It goes right through from a slight boost to a lovely lovely drive tone, it covers a lot of bases. Certainty no one trick pony!
    I know this doesn't help, I'm shit at describing sounds!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom