SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Withdrawn: Matchless Nighthawk Reverb 15w Combo

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• TTony said:
     My only regret is that there is no ignore button on this forum. 
    Click the username of the person you want to ignore.

That should open their activity page / wall.

Towards the top right of that screen is a button titled "ignore".
    Thank you Tony.

....Oh bugger...I've just ignored myself...
    :))
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3441
    @jimmyguitar you should reconsider mate. List it again and if anyone else pipes up out of turn ignore them and report the post. You'll only get what someone is willing to pay anyway, whether that's £1400 or £700.

As long as you're not sniping people or fucking them over on here what does it matter what you paid for something on gumtree or ebay? I certainly won't be saying how much things cost me from now on in any New *insert item here* Day! threads.

Besides, there's nothing to stop someone offering you what you want and then selling it on with a mark up.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1820
    Its a shame that this thread has been derailed, and its also a shame that we can't be happy for each other that you happened to get a good deal when you bought it.

I'm going to have a a similar and interesting situation when I come to sell my house as I got it for a bargain price directly from some friends who were looking to move quickly. But I know that future buyers will look up how much I paid and then assume that I'm trying to make a stupid profit whereas the truth is that I bought it for less than the market value at the time.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • Jalapeno said:
    Jalapeno;517693" said:
    Ok but Rule 1 applies too ;)
    I didn't buy the Matchless on here and I don't consider myself dick-like for attempting to sell an amp for what it is worth 'used'. Surely it's better to give fretboarders first dibs on something as cool as a matchless for a fair price than head straight to eBay? I wouldn't bother listing it if I expected only £700, I'm not THAT tired of it! My NAD thread was posted with genuine excitement at owning the amp, but it inspired me to buy its bigger brother. Now I need to pay for the bigger brother! I'll stick to eBay in future to avoid this cross-examination. Shame though...

Wasn't directed at you, but the rule quoter above.

Apologies if you somehow inferred otherwise.
    Cheers.
    Dickie's 90-Second Pedal Demos: youtube.com/c/Dickies90SecondPedalDemos /// guitar.com reviews: guitar.com/author/richard-purvis/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigMonka said:
    assume that I'm trying to make a stupid profit whereas the truth is that I bought it for less than the market value at the time.

and this is a saliant point that often gets overlooked. I had this with the tele I've just sold. The price I asked and recieved for it was utterly fair for the market, especially given the money I'd put into it after purchasing it. The fact that I'd bought it for less than I sold actually means nothing. Thankfully I didnt buy it on here, so have avoided the witch hunt. For what its worth too, I paid the full price that was asked for it, I didnt haggle the original seller down, so all I can see is a whole bunch of satisfied customers.  
  • back to the OP too. Matchless make lovely amps. You're not asking too much for it. If you bought it for less, I'm just going to think you're a jammy sh*t, not the Devil incarnate. I've always wondered whether those fortunate few (who everyone has heard of at least one) who "found an old 58 Jazzmaster in their grandads loft" etc etc, are expected to give them away free if they decide its not for them?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16678
    What an incredible microcosm of human nature this is ......
    I used to work in an industry where it was easy to see what price was paid for a deal before it was turned ....if anybody dared to comment on the purchase price it was considered very much not the done thing and very petit pedestrian...............
    " DON'T LOOK OVER THE FENCE .." was the rebuke
    Its totally irrelevant what price somebody paid and its worth what somebody will pay for it 
    As it happens I think that its a bit too expensive in this market and also as it happens I know who sold it to @ jimmyguitar but its irrelevant
    Seems to be a lot of sad Greeneye with some people just because somebody else got up a bit earlier in the morning - if they really saw the retail markup on the last pair of jeans they bought from a shop - about 400% - they would have a heart attack !
    Good luck to him if he gets it but another good general business lesson to him would be to learn a little discretion and play your purchase prices a bit closer to your chest because some people find it hard to swallow,understandably
     .... Funny but if he dropped a £700 quid clanger you wouldn't see people rushing in to subsidise him !
    In the city its considered ballsy to buy from somebody who is making a killing and is a badge of merit if you can go on and sell for higher by milking that bit more .............its called free market economics.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Hmmm... is that patronising nonsense, I smell?  ;)
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16678
    Patronising certainly .....................nonsense certainly not ..................absolutely correct
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom