Do 2013 les Paul's have one piece fretboards?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    edited May 2015
    stenio83;634422" said:
    [quote="jd0272;634413"]Nut off, if it's your own, have a look

I wouldn't have one as historically they're supposed to be one piece. Simple as.

I'm guessing that's the only way of knowing then??

So would you buy s 2013 if it was one of the ones with a one piece fretboard?
    [/quote]

And if so why would you not buy a laminate board one if played well, or would you buy a good playing one not knowing. Guitarists are a funny bunch :D

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    No I wouldn't unless G could confirm it or I could physically see it. Realistically, there's prob fuck all difference, but i) that's not the way they're supposed to be made, especially if it's a Historic, which is what I'd buy ii) as people are realising, and this will apply to '15 models, no fucker wants them (generally).

If I'm spending a few K, I want to know I can move it on if need be.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    Pure cork sniffery, but hey ho ;)
  • stenio83stenio83 Frets: 81
    jd0272;634453" said:
    No I wouldn't unless G could confirm it or I could physically see it. Realistically, there's prob fuck all difference, but i) that's not the way they're supposed to be made, especially if it's a Historic, which is what I'd buy ii) as people are realising, and this will apply to '15 models, no fucker wants them (generally).

Ok cool so it's nothing to do with the specific year, what your saying is wor would have a 2013 if it's a one piece fretboard?? Is that right, maybe what I should do is get it confirmed by removing the nut and then I should be ok for resale.
    stenio83;634499" said:
    [quote="jd0272;634453"]No I wouldn't unless G could confirm it or I could physically see it. Realistically, there's prob fuck all difference, but i) that's not the way they're supposed to be made, especially if it's a Historic, which is what I'd buy ii) as people are realising, and this will apply to '15 models, no fucker wants them (generally).

Ok cool so it's nothing to do with the specific year, what your saying is wor would have a 2013 if it's a one piece fretboard?? Is that right, maybe what I should do is get it confirmed by removing the nut and then I should be ok for resale.
    [/quote]

Or not worry as most potential buyers won't when you come to sell.

underdog;634506" said:
    [quote="stenio83;634499"][quote="jd0272;634453"]No I wouldn't unless G could confirm it or I could physically see it. Realistically, there's prob fuck all difference, but i) that's not the way they're supposed to be made, especially if it's a Historic, which is what I'd buy ii) as people are realising, and this will apply to '15 models, no fucker wants them (generally).

[/quote]

Or not worry as most potential buyers won't when you come to sell.

[/quote]

I wouldn't drop a months salary on that statement.
    stenio83;634499" said:
    [quote="jd0272;634453"]No I wouldn't unless G could confirm it or I could physically see it. Realistically, there's prob fuck all difference, but i) that's not the way they're supposed to be made, especially if it's a Historic, which is what I'd buy ii) as people are realising, and this will apply to '15 models, no fucker wants them (generally).

[/quote]

It's all personal choice matey. I'd want a one piece. I'd have a mid-late 2013 Historic as I believe they stopped putting the two piece on them Feb/Mar ish.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24095
    My R8's a 2012 so it probably has the laminated board.  It's also fully chambered - so double heresy!

But never mind, I have absolutely no intention of selling it.

Philly_Q;634576" said:
    My R8's a 2012 so it probably has the laminated board.  It's also fully chambered - so double heresy!

That's nothing! What about the mojo behind the earlier Double Carve 58's?
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24095
    jd0272 said:
    Philly_Q;634576" said:

I had to look those up, I'd never heard of them!  From the description, it sounds like they were constructed along the lines of the Arbiter Les Paul copy I got for Christmas in 1980....
    Philly_Q;634638" said:
    jd0272 said:

Philly_Q;634576" said:My R8's a 2012 so it probably has the laminated board.  It's also fully chambered - so double heresy!

I had to look those up, I'd never heard of them!  From the description, it sounds like they were constructed along the lines of the Arbiter Les Paul copy I got for Christmas in 1980....

Wildwood Guitars had a load of them. Lovely tops. I nearly splurged at the time. Kinda wished I had.
  • AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    I have a 2012 R8. It's early so it might not have a laminated fretboard or it might. I couldn't give a rats ass to be honest. It looks the nuts and plays incredibly and is every inch the best Les Paul I've ever played
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Adamski;634656" said:
    I have a 2012 R8. It's early so it might not have a laminated fretboard or it might. I couldn't give a rats ass to be honest. It looks the nuts and plays incredibly and is every inch the best Les Paul I've ever played
    Is the right answer. Wisdom for that.

Adamski;634656" said:

Absolutely.