Tremol no...... Anyone?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    As for tuning a floating Floyd, one allen key, three machine screws, set your fine tuners to 50% and just tune up with open strings to ear.  It only takes 30 seconds.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Setzer sound man, thanks... ill keep ya informed!
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2411
    edited June 2015
    Cabicular said:
    Dave_Mc said:
    ICBM said:
    I found it fiddly to use
    +1

I also found you could sort of "feel" it, when set to fully floating, unless you had the setup bang on perfect (and even then).

Admittedly I'm rubbish at setups. :)) But considering how many people think floyds are fiddly already, fitting something that makes them even more fiddly...
    yeah a slightly "gritty" feel which no amount of graphite would help
    I think unless you get the angle of the spring replacement piece absolutely bob on you always pick up a tiny bit of friction
    Of course it could be just the install.. You are talking to a man who spent 15 minutes trying to solder the earth wire to the bridge before I noticed the allen screw.... 
    Yeah that's what I noticed, the angle of the thing had to be bang-on to get no friction.

And you're talking to someone who once tried to adjust pickup heights... by ear... for a good few minutes unplugged before I realised being plugged in might be helpful. >:D<
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    Sambostar;654004" said:
    I probably wouldn't like them, although they keep tuning stability of you break a string on a floating Floyd, I've tried normal Floyd block trem stops and they are awful - had one on a Charvel that arrived.Particularly, I don't like the 'Knock knock knock' you get from playing bends and using the trem, I find it extremely aggravating and it comes through on the amp too.Better springs, better set up for me.  No way I'd go near one of those things.  And absolutely no need for even tuning stability on a V trem.  Over engineered nonsense for a problem that doesn't exist.
    Not a fan then?
  • Any reasonably capable fool can fit one of these babies.  I've got one in my Melancon and it is as handy as fk.

I would, and have recommended to friends.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16999
    Dave_Mc;654438" said:
    Cabicular said:

Dave_Mc said:

ICBM said:

I found it fiddly to use

+1

I also found you could sort of "feel" it, when set to fully floating, unless you had the setup bang on perfect (and even then).

Admittedly I'm rubbish at setups. :)) But considering how many people think floyds are fiddly already, fitting something that makes them even more fiddly...

yeah a slightly "gritty" feel which no amount of graphite would helpI think unless you get the angle of the spring replacement piece absolutely bob on you always pick up a tiny bit of frictionOf course it could be just the install.. You are talking to a man who spent 15 minutes trying to solder the earth wire to the bridge before I noticed the allen screw.... 

Yeah that's what I noticed, the angle of the thing had to be bang-on to get no friction.

And you're talking to someone who once tried to adjust pickup heights... by ear... for a good few minutes unplugged before I realised being plugged in might be helpful. >:D<
    I assume you were trying to judge the affect of the magnetic pull without the amp giving false sustain. ;)
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2411
    Yep that was it. Honest. >:D<