SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Suhr, Tom Anderson or CS Fender

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9715
    edited September 2015
    Quoted from the above 'so there' legislation;

Private sales also excluded

"If you are purchasing goods from a private individual rather than a company, the transaction is not covered by the same consumer legislation. You do not have the legal right to change your mind within 14 days of your order."

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarman said:
    No terms were set about a non-redeemable deposit mate. And of you want to put your law hat on my saying it's his money...it's European law that a purchasing parities have a 14day refund on any item under the consumers shopping act. It's called the "cooling of period" so there you you go.

Have a read and educate yourself before making assumptions on what you 'think' is right.

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/shopping/shopping-abroad/returning-unwanted-goods/index_en.htm
    I'm perfectly well-educated on this stuff, thanks. As has been pointed out, those rules are explicitly nothing to do with private sales. Also, I've spoken with @armitaan, and his exact words to you were:

"Happy to meet half way for trade but would want £200 deposit in advance in case of no show, change of heart etc"

...and then you negotiated the deposit down to £50. That's absolutely clear (to everyone but you, it seems) - what's the point of him asking for a deposit in case you changed your mind if he was just going to give it back when you let him down?

This is exactly the kind of behaviour that gets you a place in the Bad Traders thread.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I rarely comment on stuff like this, but I wouldn't deal with certain people who had this kinda attitude. It's against everything that this forum stands for...

You know, I've been dealing with lots of really GOOD people on here; full of intergrity, concern, truth. it's simple - but it's all that we ask for and need.

• RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    jellyroll said:
    Did you read the bit about private sales being excluded?
    That's a slam dunk right there.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28006
    This is exactly the kind of behaviour that gets you a place in the Bad Traders thread.
    Or banned.

Just because life's too short for dealing with people who undermine the general ethos and standards of behaviour here.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • guitarmanguitarman Frets: 52
    edited September 2015
    TTony said:
    Or banned.

Just because life's too short for dealing with people who undermine the general ethos and standards of behaviour here.
    Totally right. General Ethos and standards of behavious should be to return the money back to me..
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarmanguitarman Frets: 52
    edited September 2015

RMJ said:
    jellyroll said:
    Under EU rules you have the right to withdraw from purchases made online or through other methods of "distance selling" (such as phone or mail-order) within a 14-day window. However, there are “distance contracts” from which, under EU rules, you are not entitled to withdraw.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27087
    edited September 2015
    guitarman said:

RMJ said:
    jellyroll said:
    Under EU rules you have the right to withdraw from purchases made online or through other methods of "distance selling" (such as phone or mail-order) within a 14-day window. However, there are “distance contracts” from which, under EU rules, you are not entitled to withdraw.
    Congratulations, you're incapable of reading further down than the bit you want to see. Here, to help you out (from the very page you're quoting)...

You're also a hair's breadth from being banned. Permanently.
    <space for hire>
  • guitarman said:

RMJ said:
    jellyroll said:
    Congratulations, you're incapable of reading further down than the bit you want to see. Here, to help you out...

You're also a hair's breadth from being banned. Permanently.
    Interesting because paypal returned me my money.
  • guitarman said:
    Interesting because paypal returned me my money.
    Just because you successfully screwed the guy over using a private company's processes against him, doesn't mean that you're legally or morally in the right.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Should we not all abide by what is morally right and even though it is not explicit in the law should we not be good citizens to abide by it??

Would it be morally right to return my deposit money?

I did the decent thing to call well in advance to explain the issue and politely ask for my deposit back.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarman said:
    Should we not all abide by what is morally right and even though it is not explicit in the law should we not be good citizens to abide by it??

Would it be morally right to return my deposit money?

I did the decent thing to call well in advance to explain the issue and politely ask for my deposit back.

That's how you may see it, but I see it as the morally right thing to prevent other people from being stung like this; since you'll clearly be happy to do this again, you have been banned from the classifieds.
    <space for hire>
  • hmmm, yep you called as I was walking out the door to drive to meet you, but I had already cancelled/ rescheduled work appointments given I was expecting to be away for the morning following prior evenings arrangements we had made. Put yourself in someone else's shoes here and think how you would like to be treated in these circumstances.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Thread closed, since not much good can come from continuing and the OP can't see it any more.
    <space for hire>
This discussion has been closed.