Anyone bought "Guitarist" recently ??

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 11133
    tFB Trader
    I haven't bought a paper guitar mag since the 80s ... been given a few stacks by fiends. They seem to review stuff I'd never buy ... and conduct interviews with people I have no interest in.

I fondly remember the copies of International Musician (and Recording World) I used to pour over for hours when I was a teen ... good journalism and tons of content ... I still have one of their 'Keep Music Live' stickers on one of my guitar cases :)
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27971
    ...and is there something I should know about putting paragraphs into comments? It seems to have ignored the one I did on that one.

Make sure that the "show source" button isn't selected.  That's the second button from the right (the red tag < > icon).  If you're using an iPad, it seems to be selected by default, so all your line breaks are ignored.

It's on the list ...

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • TheGuitarWeasel;9415" said:
    I fondly remember the copies of International Musician (and Recording World) I used to pour over for hours when I was a teen ... good journalism and tons of content ... I still have one of their 'Keep Music Live' stickers on one of my guitar cases :)
    IM was a font of all my knowledge at the time. It wasn't a guitar magazine, it really was a MUSIC magazine. Really well written, loads of detail. Great read....
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27971

^^

I'm of the same era.

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    I didn't renew my subscription when I found most of the reviews appeared on the website a short while later. I decided to buy the iPad version based on the content. I bought one ages ago and haven't bothered since. I can't see it having a future long term as the big manufacturers and retailers do excellent gear reviews and demo's well before Guitarist gets a sniff. I do like Bradders demos though and the the mag has a decent standard of journalism.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16380
    TTony;9421" said:
    EricTheWeary said:

...and is there something I should know about putting paragraphs into comments? It seems to have ignored the one I did on that one.

Make sure that the "show source" button isn't selected.  That's the second button from the right (the red tag < > icon).  If you're using an iPad, it seems to be selected by default, so all your line breaks are ignored.It's on the list ...
    I did it at work on our steam powered pc so GOK what that defaults to.

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Zodiac51Zodiac51 Frets: 340
    I decided to boycott it when there were a couple of issues went by that didn't feature any PRS content.
  • Zodiac51;9496" said:
    I decided to boycott it when there were a couple of issues went by that didn't feature any PRS content.
    How foolish. Both of those issues are now highly collectible....
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Zodiac51;9496" said:
    How foolish. Both of those issues are now highly collectible....
    Have a lol ... :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!