ebay told me off

What's Hot
siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
edited April 2017 in Guitar

sold a marshall 1922 cab last night, but the guy sent me a message with his phone no. so we chatted on the phone - he said he wanted it would I agree to a BIN price, I said yeah - we did the deal verbally and his missus came n got the amp 2hrs later. So I then take my listing off ebay...methinks they did their 2+2 equation and got 4. lol This morning me gets "a good telling off" email from ebay. Oops.

9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Maybe eBay was concerned for his wife
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    siraxeman said:

sold a marshall 1922 cab last night, but the guy sent me a message with his phone no. so we chatted on the phone - he said he wanted it would I agree to a BIN price, I said yeah - we did the deal verbally and his missus came n got the amp 2hrs later. So I then take my listing off ebay...methinks they did their 2+2 equation and got 4. lol This morning me gets "a good telling off" email from ebay. Oops.

You were flatly in the wrong. 
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    What sort of man sends his frail wife to pick up a big Marshall cab?
    Obviously not a gentleman.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    You naughty, naughty boy!

=) 
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    edited April 2017

I had the same telling off last month. I was watching a nice Takamine Classical guitar that was only 10 miles from me. I decided I wanted it so I emailed the guy selling it to see if he'd do a buy it now for cash.

He did

We did

We got told off.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    I said, you were FLATLY in the wrong.....no?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    Sassafras said:
    What sort of man sends his frail wife to pick up a big Marshall cab?
    Obviously not a gentleman.
    1922 big????

" Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • RoxRox Frets: 2147
    Will you post using the Ebay Global Shipping program?
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • curious...... when you ended the auction.. what did you cite as the reason??
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    I've heard that some people instead of cancelling the listing, just edit the price to something crazy high that no one would pay and edit the time to the minimum so it will quickly run it's course without upsetting ebay.  I wouldn't know any of these people that do that of course. 
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • RoxRox Frets: 2147
    edited April 2017
    curious...... when you ended the auction.. what did you cite as the reason??
    I'm going for, "Will not ship around the world as it is a factually inaccurate conspiracy led by the Freemasons and their Astronot stooges."
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3840
    Can't you just state 'advertised elsewhere' and 'sold elsewhere'?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BensonBenson Frets: 242
    I hate the ebay nazis and take every opportunity to kick them in the nuts whenever I can. I have no morale issue in doing so. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4723
    Benson said:
    I hate the ebay nazis and take every opportunity to kick them in the nuts whenever I can. I have no morale issue in doing so. 

Image result for kicking nazis in the nuts
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • milambermilamber Frets: 118
    John_P said:
    I've heard that some people instead of cancelling the listing, just edit the price to something crazy high that no one would pay and edit the time to the minimum so it will quickly run it's course without upsetting ebay.  I wouldn't know any of these people that do that of course. 
    I've heard that too :)
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    Erm "fuck off" is the my answer to stuff like that - if I decide to change my mind about selling MY PROPERTY through eBay, then I will do just that. If I subsequently sell it to someone else then that's my business.

eBay have made enough money out of me for me to feel zero guilt out of such activities.

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    impmann said:
    Erm "fuck off" is the my answer to stuff like that - if I decide to change my mind about selling MY PROPERTY through eBay, then I will do just that. If I subsequently sell it to someone else then that's my business.

eBay have made enough money out of me for me to feel zero guilt out of such activities.

I agree, but you have to see why they are peeved.  You've used their site for free advertising.  Would never do such a thing myself :)
  • freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1209
    John_P said:
    I'd not heard of that but will be passing it on to my "friend" who sells on Ebay! :)
    Link to my trading feedback
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26987
    I can see why they're annoyed. But they can't do anything about it - if they start suspending accounts permanently they'll start shrinking their userbase, which is self-defeating.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom