ebay told me off

What's Hot

Comments

• StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    F*#k eBay F*#k them in the a&@e hole! I have  been using them for years, my hermes didn't deliver an item last week, and because my herpes said it had been delivered the case was closed! Whata even worse is the seller has already claimed from my herpes for loss of the package, and I can't move forward due to eBay closing the case, so I have had to go to the credit card company.... 

The icing on the cake is it's for a bleeding vibrator the missus wanted, so I have had to tell literally everyone I bought a god damn dildo! 
    19reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    edited April 2017
    F*#k eBay F*#k them in the a&@e hole! I have  been using them for years, my hermes didn't deliver an item last week, and because my herpes said it had been delivered the case was closed! Whata even worse is the seller has already claimed from my herpes for loss of the package, and I can't move forward due to eBay closing the case, so I have had to go to the credit card company.... 

The icing on the cake is it's for a bleeding vibrator the missus wanted, so I have had to tell literally everyone I bought a god damn dildo! 
    You bought a vibrator on eBay?? 

Was it used??
    13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    well you told us lot so I guess you're not that fussy who you tell that story to. :lol:
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    @Bridgehouse obviously, I specifically told them not to wash it as well :(

actually is was one of those imagic wands, basically a vibrator that they pass off as a massager......... Its clearly a vibrator hahha 

@siraxeman dood noone knows my face or real name, what could possibly go wrong??? :D
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    My father in law just got a call off eBay after he was looking for a new lawn mower, saw one he wanted to go and look at and the seller sent him his number through the messenger. They warned him he shouldn't ring it!
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andrewawardandrewaward Frets: 1155
    ring it, ring it, ring it !!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    siraxeman said:
    It's definitely down to their greed and them getting too big for their boots....I've no sympathy for them. If people wish to sell their own property outside of eBay that's their business.
    LOL. Then don't use their service!!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    Why ever not tho....I just sold my cab didn't I for free? :lol:
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    miserneil said:
    My father in law just got a call off eBay after he was looking for a new lawn mower, saw one he wanted to go and look at and the seller sent him his number through the messenger. They warned him he shouldn't ring it!

That's my big question about this, surely a potential buyer has the right to come and view the guitar/oven/car before they buy it, any item that is used for that matter.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I've been told off too. Probably was only a matter of time as I am partial to a mutually beneficial deal - especially if the auction has ended without any bids
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16712
    underdog said:
    miserneil said:

That's my big question about this, surely a potential buyer has the right to come and view the guitar/oven/car before they buy it, any item that is used for that matter.
    indeed, fairly sure the auto section of ebay used to call out that winning an auction was not a commitment to buy and you should complete all required checks before settling the deal - but that might be going back 15 years
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1563
    ring it, ring it, ring it !!
    Seven Days.....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    underdog said:
    miserneil said:

The lady on the phone told him it was just a 'warning' and being a straight talking northerner, he told her exactly what he thought of her warning and put the phone down.

For what it's worth, he rang the number, spoke to the seller, decided it wasn't what he was after and moved on. Surely he has no case to answer to eBay regardless, it's the seller that has flounced their rules by offering a contact number?

http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    miserneil said:
    underdog said:
    miserneil said:

The lady on the phone told him it was just a 'warning' and being a straight talking northerner, he told her exactly what he thought of her warning and put the phone down.

For what it's worth, he rang the number, spoke to the seller, decided it wasn't what he was after and moved on. Surely he has no case to answer to eBay regardless, it's the seller that has flounced their rules by offering a contact number?

I don't see why passing a contact number is an issue though? I'd definitely like to see a guitar before I bought it, same goes for a car or a piece of used furniture, so I'd need a contact number or an address.

It's seems very silly of eBay, if they lowered their fees and offered some seller protection people would have less motivation to do a deal outside of eBay.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andrewawardandrewaward Frets: 1155
    eBay seems to be warning both parties - when one is more than likely innocent
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12907
    Drew_TNBD said:
    siraxeman said:
    It's definitely down to their greed and them getting too big for their boots....I've no sympathy for them. If people wish to sell their own property outside of eBay that's their business.
    LOL. Then don't use their service!!

---Fucking wis'd. By all means avoid ebay but people who choose to use the service eBay provide and then complain when eBay enforce their own rules are being ridiculous to put it mildly. 
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12907
    I don't really know why everyone mumps about the ebay fees either. In my experience the extra exposure you get on eBay pretty much guarantees you'll *easily* clear the 13% extra you need to sell for compared to anywhere else. 

I had a pedal listed on here for about three weeks with no takers. Sold it on ebay in a week for twice my asking price on here. 

(plus, eBay send me offers for massively reduced fees pretty much every month. I haven't paid the full fees in ages. I doubt I'm unique). 

eBay has some really good reasons not to use it but the fees aren't one of them. 
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5641

I've never had a warning off eBay despite happily using them for free advertising and selling outside of eBay.

I once sold a Marshall 1936 cabinet via ebay, the guy paid cash on collection and as he was leaving he suggested I cancel the sale to avoid fees, told me he did it all the time.

However, ahem, eBay can kiss my rosy red ring!  I'll do what I like with my stuff, thank you very much indeed.  If they want to suspend my account they can go right ahead.  I buy far more stuff than I sell on eBay and I'll just use another platform if they want to play games. 

In the end they will lose out and I will not lose one second of sleep, in fact I may sleep better with a happy contented smile on my face.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Haych said:

I've never had a warning off eBay despite happily using them for free advertising and selling outside of eBay.

I once sold a Marshall 1936 cabinet via ebay, the guy paid cash on collection and as he was leaving he suggested I cancel the sale to avoid fees, told me he did it all the time.

However, ahem, eBay can kiss my rosy red ring!  I'll do what I like with my stuff, thank you very much indeed.  If they want to suspend my account they can go right ahead.  I buy far more stuff than I sell on eBay and I'll just use another platform if they want to play games. 

In the end they will lose out and I will not lose one second of sleep, in fact I may sleep better with a happy contented smile on my face.

I do the same, but totally appreciate eBay getting hacked off, what you do with your stuff is your business until you sign up to eBay and agree to there terms, then it's eBays business as well
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11452
    I don't really know why everyone mumps about the ebay fees either. In my experience the extra exposure you get on eBay pretty much guarantees you'll *easily* clear the 13% extra you need to sell for compared to anywhere else. 

Rubbish.

They won't take in cheap stuff, but for a decent guitar New Kings Road Guitars only charge 12% on a commission sale.  You will get a lot more for it selling through them than through Feebay.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom