Blackstar HT pedal power supply question

fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24454
Most of my pedal board is powered by a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2. I understand that the regular outputs cannot power the HT range of pedals.

But the Pedal Power 2 has a courtesy output that is basically a mains output - but limited to 200 Watts (so not for powering an amp!)

Can the HT power supply be safely plugged into the Courtesy Output? (Yes I know I'll need an adapter or cut the regular 3 pin off and replace it with the right end of an IEC connector!)

Perhaps @ecc83 can help? 

ta
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1638
    Most of my pedal board is powered by a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2. I understand that the regular outputs cannot power the HT range of pedals.

But the Pedal Power 2 has a courtesy output that is basically a mains output - but limited to 200 Watts (so not for powering an amp!)

Can the HT power supply be safely plugged into the Courtesy Output? (Yes I know I'll need an adapter or cut the regular 3 pin off and replace it with the right end of an IEC connector!)

Perhaps @ecc83 can help? 

ta
    Yes Mr F that is perfectly in order. You could run about 10 HT pedals from a 200W mains outlet!

Are you running an old AC powered pedal (16V 800mA) or a new 22V DC jobbie?

Dave
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24454
    About to order a new HT-Metal

So 22V I suppose.

Thank you!
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    you like you high gain pedals i notice!! ;)
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24454
    I keep changing my mind on what to buy though!