SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - MJW Electra Grind Mint Condition

danlptdanlpt Frets: 12
edited September 2017 in Amps £
Recently bought off @SidNewton and I instantly fell in love with it but couldn't resist picking up a Bad Cat so now this has to go unfortunately.

Based on a Marshall Plexi with a boost switch to take it to high gain JCM800 levels 
This is the 50 watt version
Mint condition, the last owner had barely used it and it's seen a handful of rehearsals and 2 gigs since I've owned it.
Comes with a roqsolid cover.

This particular model had a mod carried out to the master volume. In Martin's words:
"That particular one was modified post-sale to change the PPIMV to pre-phase-inverter, as the customer found he didn't like the decreased effect of the presence control at lowish settings and was happy to sacrifice the PI overdrive. I spent the day in Wales tuning the amp to his taste (FOC!) so it'll be interesting to get a new take on how it sounds".

I'm looking for £400 collected from Walsall, West Midlands. Or I can meet within reason for some petrol tokens.

http://imgur.com/c9dcs9T

http://imgur.com/dRWTOb3
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jellybellyjellybelly Frets: 755
    Hi man, my cousin has the 'twang' model, so this is interesting me greatly! 30 or 50 watts?? Valves used?? 
  • danlptdanlpt Frets: 12
    edited August 2017
    Sorry @jellybelly ; this is the 50 watt version with 2 el34s.
    Bump
  • Hi
    is the boost footswitchable? Does it have an effects loop?
    Cheers Steve
    No effects loop. The boost isn't foot switchable unfortunately.
    bump

• Bump
  • bump
  • Interested in a trade? 
  • How do you find the mv being pre instead ok post phase inverter, feel like there's any grind missing? And do you ever come anywhere near London..?
    edited September 2017
    To be honest it didn't really get much home use it was used for a few rehearsals and gigs so the master was up anyway. 
    At lower volumes I found in normal mode ie boost off it doesn't break up as early but I got round that by using it with the boost on and using a lower gain setting to get the same level as boost off and volume up. Saying that i'm not sure the MV position made a difference there, more me pushing the output stage a bit harder with it up.

And no I'm not in London very often I'm occasionally down for work but not so much recently.
  • @lukecawthra I'm ideally looking for a cash sale to make up for buying another amp but what did you have in mind?
    edited September 2017
    also @Stillman the presence control does seem alot more responsive even at lower volumes which the mod was intended to achieve. 
    At lower volumes it just needed a little more presence added i found to get around any loss in 'grind'
  • Cool, just pm'd you..
  • Thanks for the info, I think I've talked myself out of it though, I can't justify that much power really. I must stop looking at things out of my league, sorry!
  • No worries dude.
  • Bump
  • Bump
  • Bump 
  • bump