CTS push-pull pots

josojoso Frets: 1
edited November 2017 in Making & Modding
After ruining 1 pot I found out the front board can be removed for soldering contacts. After it is replaced.
Any comments ?

http://u.cubeupload.com/mrbluesfinger/IMG1232.jpg

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27479
    Thread moved to M&M where it's more likely to get a reply ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    How did you ruin the pot?
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14424
    edited November 2017
    TTony said:
    more likely to get a reply ...
    The chances of a reply would be even greater if the opening post included a definite question.  B)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72325
    joso said:
    After ruining 1 pot I found out the front board can be removed for soldering contacts. After it is replaced.
    Any comments ?
    I'm guessing that the switch itself doesn't come apart, it just unclips from the part of the pot which operates it? Since from your pic it looks like the whole switch is still attached to the back of the PCB.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2576
    tFB Trader
    joso said:
    Any comments ?

yes, don't ruin your pots again... hopefully you have learned how to avoid it
  • josojoso Frets: 1
    Well,  one small eyelet during soldering dropped out and connection was lost. Anyway, StewMac tech does not recommend taking off the  board with eyelets. Soldering to be done  as it is . Grounding of lug 1 to be done on the side of metal pot with a jumper wire.
    I expected that CTS would make a better product . Little disapointed with it.