David Cassidy RIP

What's Hot
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42076323

Sad news, I loved the Partridge family as a kid and I always thought he was the most talented of the teen hearthrobs of the early 70s.
(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Comments

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 3861
    Not my cup of tea, but still sad when someone dies young(ish). 67 isn't that old nowadays. I heard something on the radio earlier today saying his fanclub had more members than the Beatles.
    It might look like I'm listening to you, but in my head I'm playing my guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 2630
    edited November 2017
    I heard David Cassidy interviewed a few years back and he came across as a sound, nice human being. 
    I was always a bit "anti" Cassidy and manufactured pop when I was so much younger but that was because I couldn't appreciate that the music business wasn't all about authenticity. 
    The Wreaking Crew who played the Cassidy sessions were a case in point.  It didn't occur to me that you could be a serious musician and play whatever guff paid your mortgage.
    Cassidy himself sang.  Pretty well.  No autotune.  Not just a pretty face.

And, "I Think I Love You" has a great hook.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 2056
    He had an ear for a good tune, too.  He had the first hit with "I Write The Songs" before Barry Manilow adopted it as his theme tune.

I also recall him doing a couple of songs by Harry Nilsson - "Puppy Song" was one.  Cant remember if it was a double-A-side single, or if he did others, but that one sticks in my mind, as I had the album "Harry" from which "Puppy Song" came.

RIP.

Grown most uncommonly fat!