Envelope/ramping tremolo suggestions?

What's Hot
lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
edited December 2017 in FX
I’d like to be able to set my tremolo speed and then have the speed slow down as the volume decreases. 
I do not want the speed controlled by an envelope.
i use a Kingsley Bard. If there was a way to mod the speed resistors (I have extended the velocity already), I’d be willing to try. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    The pick strength should not dictate the rate. When the volume drops, such as after strumming a chord, the tremolo will begin to slow down. Ideally, I’m after the Leslie ramping effect where the fast and slow speed can be set as well as ramping... only it’s a tremolo. 
    Perhaps a slow/fast soft switch option as well as an envelope control option would be ideal. 
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
    Gadget said:
    no, not really.
    I think the chase bliss audio gravitas might be the one. I just watched this video and they seem to suggest the same at 4:50:

• Zvex super seek trem - footswitchable delta.
    Zvex super seek trem - footswitchable delta.
    way too complicated for me... but a good suggestion. I had never considered the possibilities tremolo could offer. 
  • Stone Deaf Tremotron? Expression pedal control of the parameters and, IIRC, you can even run two tremolos at once. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    Gadget said:
    no, the ramp on that is the wave pattern, not a change the the speed. think more of how a leslie speeds up and slows down. a tremolo with a mild depth that can slow down is exactly what i'm after.
    Gadget said:
    no, the ramp on that is the wave pattern, not a change the the speed. think more of how a leslie speeds up and slows down. a tremolo with a mild depth that can slow down is exactly what i'm after.
  • I think the EHX Super Pulsar night do what you are after. 
    I think the EHX Super Pulsar night do what you are after. 
    getting there but no switch to go back and forth (ok, I'm asking more than I originally stated).
    This is more like it:

Supro tremolo (with expression pedal speed control),
    It's just dawned on me that I could try my vibe pedal set to vibrato with very little effect and use the expression pedal. A little imprecise done on the fly from one rate to the next. An expression pedal adjusting to the preset range (as on the ehx pulsar) would be ideal or better still a footswitch to go from one range to the other (with an acceleration pot too please).
     I'll also try manually turning the speed knob as I'm playing to check this is a worthwhile pedal quest.Judging by my love for my Leslie speaker and pedal, a tremolo equivalent would be appreciated.
    Can it offer bias tremolo as well as harmonic, please?
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1620
    Former Bard owner myself. You need a Source Audio Vertigo and an expression pedal as far as I can see.

It has bias, harmonic and opto and I believe speed is the default parameter it will change with an expression pedal (though you can change anything with the Neuro app). 

It's a much more versatile Flint, basically, but without reverb. Sounds fantastic too

• GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    lukedlb said:
    Gadget said:
    You can change the speed with a pedal.
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
    JohnPerry said:
    Former Bard owner myself. You need a Source Audio Vertigo and an expression pedal as far as I can see.

It has bias, harmonic and opto and I believe speed is the default parameter it will change with an expression pedal (though you can change anything with the Neuro app). 

It's a much more versatile Flint, basically, but without reverb. Sounds fantastic too
    Does the signal remain analogue? The pedal looks beautiful and the options aplenty but digital signal processing does turn me off. The gravitas appears more appreciated. 
    When I changed the resistor value on my Kingsley Bard to get a faster range, I installed a switch to maintain the original and new. It turns out it was unnecessary, however it revealed how a simple mechanical electronic mod could change the velocity quickly. My new query is whether I could further mod the pedal with a foot switch that goes from one speed setting (slow trem) to the next (high speed trem). This is effectively what I already have on the resistor switch. The trick would be a mod with adjustable acceleration that slows down or speeds up the speed. 
    Think a Leslie tremolo. 
  • lovebuzzlovebuzz Frets: 104
    The EHX Super Pulsar, mentioned previously, could well be what you after.  nb. it has  deeper functionality than the control layout suggest.  i suggest you refer to the online manual.   it can also do a leslie like tremolo type thing, with a footswitch operated ramping effect.
    Under the bridge downtown
  • One of the modes on the Empress Tremolo2 brakes the tremolo speed when you hold down the tap footswitch. I believe you can set the ramp speed. I think there’s also the facility to switch between two preset speeds, and then there’s also the option for expression pedal control.

I think you can also set up the TC Pipeline so that the MASH footswitch acts as a speed brake, but have never tried one. 
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1620
    lukedlb said:
    JohnPerry said:

Does the signal remain analogue? The pedal looks beautiful and the options aplenty but digital signal processing does turn me off. The gravitas appears more appreciated. 

I had a Gravitas for a year or so after the Bard. Much happier with the Vertigo. I have never thought it did anything detrimental to my tone. And it's way easier to use and configure than the Gravitas.