Head room confusion - Roland JC 40

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 7099

The Distance Selling Regulations state that your right to cancel an order starts from the moment you place your order, and doesn’t end until seven working days from the day after you receive your goods. This period is extended in cases where the seller failed to provide the required information to you after you'd bought the goods (ie after you agreed the contract with the retailer).

Seven days is the minimum legal cancellation period, and many sellers choose to exceed this, so always check the terms and conditions in case you have longer to return your items.

As this seven-day working period is the time you have to decide whether to cancel the contract, by law the seller can’t say that you must have returned the goods within this time frame.

So, basically you get a play at home testing period if you buy online. People have, for example, bought three guitars off thomann to decide which one they like and return two. 

Dum dum dum, dum dum de dum, dum dum dum, dum dummmm.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • The Distance Selling Regulations state that your right to cancel an order starts from the moment you place your order, and doesn’t end until seven working days from the day after you receive your goods. This period is extended in cases where the seller failed to provide the required information to you after you'd bought the goods (ie after you agreed the contract with the retailer).

Seven days is the minimum legal cancellation period, and many sellers choose to exceed this, so always check the terms and conditions in case you have longer to return your items.

As this seven-day working period is the time you have to decide whether to cancel the contract, by law the seller can’t say that you must have returned the goods within this time frame.

So, basically you get a play at home testing period if you buy online. People have, for example, bought three guitars off thomann to decide which one they like and return two. 

Perfect - If I am being honest I found it hard to judge in the store and was quite self conscious about having the amp cranked up. The demonstration model was also really noisy and crackly and they couldn't explain why. 

This is what I need - a chance to basically use it in situ. 

Appreciate it Eric. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 7099
    It’s worth reading the small print from any online retailer to see how likely they are to play nicely on this ( although you’d have the law on your side). I couldn’t find the returns policy on the GAK site, for example, whereas on Andertons there is a lengthy policy on the site ( which more or less amounts to you damaged it you bought it) which is easy to find and gives a 14 day cooling off period. 
    Dum dum dum, dum dum de dum, dum dum dum, dum dummmm.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • I am literally reading Andertons as we speak....
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 795
    Fretwired said:
    Trude said:
    This video is worth a watch for volume context, although it's a shame he didn't do any clean playing:

Impressive ..
    Impressive indeed.  3:40 - ambient room mic.  The Katana *50* keeping up with a loud acoustic drum kit and bass player.  Case closed methinks on whether the 100 can manage it.
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 316
    Fretwired said:
    Trude said:
    This video is worth a watch for volume context, although it's a shame he didn't do any clean playing:

Impressive ..
    Impressive indeed.  3:40 - ambient room mic.  The Katana *50* keeping up with a loud acoustic drum kit and bass player.  Case closed methinks on whether the 100 can manage it.
    Indeed, as far as driven tones are concerned.  Like I said, it's a shame they didn't do any clean playing here.  I can vouch that the 100 in 50w mode can easily stay clean at that kind of volume, but video proof would've been even better.
    Trading feedback here
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1371
    Legally even with the DSR they can charge a for return postage. I'd buy from Gear4Music, never bought anything big but got a keyboard stand and some cables from them and they have a very good 30 day money back guarantee.

They collect from your house for free if it's over 20kg, otherwise there is a £5 charge for collection but you can drop it off for free at any DPD shop (usually in newsagents etc..)