Fender Custom Shop prices for 2018

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• MattFGBIMattFGBI Frets: 1449
    dazzajl said:
    I think I’d personally prefer a little bad of actual sweeties to a polishing cloth but I feel I’m going to be in the minority here.
    I like the idea of a bag of pick and mix in every case. 
    This is not an official response. 

ukqueries@fender.com 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 3159
    p90fool said:
    jrc2806 said:
    Pleased to see the value of the £ hitting a 19 month high against the $ today. Looking forward to the price reductions over the coming months from Gibson, Martin, Fender....sorry just dreaming again!
    The pound fell off a cliff 19 months ago and is now standing on a pebble at the bottom. 

That pebble is your 19 month "high". 
    Not true.  Was $1.44 before the referendum.  Is $1.37 now.  I make that 5% lower.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 3617
    Garthy said:
    Hi- sorry it was a general interest question, I wouldn't want to waste your time, thanks :)
    no problem - just let me know if I can help further - but unless it is a Fender spec'd guitar, that all appropriate dealers can buy (which is many of the models listed on the actual C/Shop web site) most other model are variations on the them that have been custom spec'd and ordered - as such prices will vary accordingly around a ball park price
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 703
    edited January 13
    p90fool said:
    jrc2806 said:
    Pleased to see the value of the £ hitting a 19 month high against the $ today. Looking forward to the price reductions over the coming months from Gibson, Martin, Fender....sorry just dreaming again!
    The pound fell off a cliff 19 months ago and is now standing on a pebble at the bottom. 

They didn't reduce prices over here when the pound was $2.070 in 2007 so I wouldn't hold your breath. Around that time myself and hundreds of other Fender lovers were buying from the U.S on a regular basis. Everything looked so cheap. A $3500 masterbuilt guitar in the US was priced at £3495 over here then. Shipping was much cheaper too back then. We all stocked up on books, cds, dvds. amps, pedals, pickups.....you name it. Was like the half price sale  I bought two Cunetto era relics for a friend from a Fender dealer, they were both under £1000 shipped and duty paid. He still has them £££ :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 3617
    crunchman said:
    p90fool said:
    jrc2806 said:

Not true.  Was $1.44 before the referendum.  Is $1.37 now.  I make that 5% lower.
    it is promising that we have got back to around $1.35 and above - it needs to be a trend and stay above for any hint of price changes to be applied - If it is a blip then a pity - we all know high street prices don't go up/down everyday according to such an exchange rate - Suppliers/distributors etc will put in place a +/- variation that they can work with based around $1.25 or $1.3 - wait and see - In the past I've known prices come down, yet sometimes it can just hold of a pending factory price increase - I'm sure we'd all love some reduction - Yet my gut feeling is the UK Government will favour a weaker pound for a while to exist with exports
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 1439
    Garthy said:
    Hi- sorry it was a general interest question, I wouldn't want to waste your time, thanks :)
    no problem - just let me know if I can help further - but unless it is a Fender spec'd guitar, that all appropriate dealers can buy (which is many of the models listed on the actual C/Shop web site) most other model are variations on the them that have been custom spec'd and ordered - as such prices will vary accordingly around a ball park price
    Thanks, no unicorns for me, just would like a new £3000 guitar to actually look like one. :)
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 54
    crunchman said:
    p90fool said:
    jrc2806 said:

it is promising that we have got back to around $1.35 and above - it needs to be a trend and stay above for any hint of price changes to be applied - If it is a blip then a pity - we all know high street prices don't go up/down everyday according to such an exchange rate - Suppliers/distributors etc will put in place a +/- variation that they can work with based around $1.25 or $1.3 - wait and see - In the past I've known prices come down, yet sometimes it can just hold of a pending factory price increase - I'm sure we'd all love some reduction - Yet my gut feeling is the UK Government will favour a weaker pound for a while to exist with exports

the weaker pound hasn’t helped exports, merely caused inflation. The Bank of England have been keen to strengthen the pound so provided no more brexit style mishaps, we should see the pound rise medium term