Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Is there anyone from Crimson Guitars on this forum? Not answering emails...

What's Hot
TJT1979TJT1979 Frets: 188
Hi

I ordered something on Crimson guitars over a week ago. It hasn't arrived so I'm trying to contact the company to see what's up. They haven't responded to emails, nor Facebook messages. I am not very impressed to be honest.

Is there anyone here on the forums from Crimson?

Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Call them.

They do answer the phone in my experience. Hope you get your issue sorted.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • I love their tools but I don't order anything that I need in a hurry.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8724
    Crimson is a small organisation, so very little resilience in the event of illness or holidays. Last week I had an email from Bailey guitars apologising that they hadn’t shipped my order because both Mark and Carol had been ill.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    I ordered some fret rubbers from them a while ago and they took ages to arrive. I did manage to contact someone on FB though. Not sure i'd use them again tbh. 
  • I ordered some stain & oil from them on 22/12, it arrived on Monday (the 15th)... 
    I don't think it's unreasonable for things to take up to a fortnight to arrive, especially this time of year. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7807
    How is it that calling people has become a last resort?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 19reaction image Wisdom
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3297
    tFB Trader
    I've sent an email yesterday, I ordered nut files maybe 3 weeks ago now, I'll see how long the email takes

www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • How is it that calling people has become a last resort?
    Drives me bananas. My misses sends people messages on Facebook messenger instead of calling. It's so retarded. Society is doomed if we can't interact verbally and face to face
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 12reaction image Wisdom
    Drives me bananas. My misses sends people messages on Facebook messenger instead of calling. It's so retarded. Society is doomed if we can't interact verbally and face to face
    I’ve met a load of people 25 and under who basically don’t do phone calls. Drives me nuts. So many things can be sorted on the phone in a few minutes tops, doing it via text or email takes ages... my general rule is if there’s potential for follow up questions I’m calling. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    I produced an album for a band a few years ago and they'd text each other from room to room in the studio, rather than walking along short corridors to talk to each other. This went on the entire three months. 

I pulled the singer up about it and he said they found it harder to communicate face to face. I remember thinking "well, that is literally the death of society."

It's more common than you'd think too. 
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Well, I sort of get it. Stephen Fry said, if you think about it, phoning is incredibly rude, it's the equivalent of walking up to someone and going: "Talk to me now, talk to me now, talk to me now......" ad nauseum until they pay attention to you.

Where e-mail or text is rapid communication, but allows people to deal with them when it's convenient.

So, for me, I prefer e-mail, and tend to only resort to the "talk to me now, talk to me now...." machine when I have to.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 13reaction image Wisdom
  • TJT1979TJT1979 Frets: 188
    OP here. Wow, there is a lot of negativity and baseless assumptions. Using words such as "retarded" without knowing anything about the situation is a bit much, I would say.

I stated the facts in my original post - apart from saying I wasn't very impressed I gave no personal opinions at all. This was hardly an attack. I was just asking if there was a contact here who might be able to help me.

The reason I didn't want to phone them to follow up was this: I live in Argentina. It's an expensive international phonecall. Simple as that. Sorry if that doesn't fit with your "socially inept under-25" theories.

This is a business with a predominantly-online profile. That's where they do all their marketing, and the vast majority of their sales. I think these days 3 days is a long wait for an email reply from a modern, online company.

For the people who are actually interested in the facts and not just making baseless assumptions, here is a follow-up...

I phoned a few hours ago (an international call as mentioned above). I spoke to Tom (?) from the shop. He apologised and explained two problems. One was that they have been having trouble with their delivery company (I didn't ask beyond that so I don't really know what that means). The other problem was that they posted my order to the billing address rather than the delivery address.

He was very polite and apologetic, and immediately organised a replacement to be sent out ASAP. The whole thing was resolved professionally and quickly.

I would (and will) order from them in the future. My only complaint was the lack of email response (and saying "I'm not very impressed" was hardly an inflammatory statement!). I am not the type of person who would join a forum in order to criticise a business.

I really don't appreciate all the assumptions made. Seems like some people here need to get off their high horses.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 27reaction image Wisdom
  • StavrosStavros Frets: 336
    Have to disagree, providing of course that a phone call is answered it is much more personal and far more effective in getting results. 

Some people cant keep on top of emails, so not at a rapid if they are dozens or hundreds of emails behind.
    I love my brick
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6883
    cliddell said:
    Well, I sort of get it. Stephen Fry said, if you think about it, phoning is incredibly rude, it's the equivalent of walking up to someone and going: "Talk to me now, talk to me now, talk to me now......" ad nauseum until they pay attention to you.

Where e-mail or text is rapid communication, but allows people to deal with them when it's convenient.

So, for me, I prefer e-mail, and tend to only resort to the "talk to me now, talk to me now...." machine when I have to.

Totally agree. I rarely answer my phone unless I’m free and have nothing else on for the next 15 mins as alot of people can’t be succinct in their conversation, I will often ask for the info to be sent in an email afterwards. Emails and texts can be answered in a single session when it’s convenient to me, and are also traceable as to what was communicated.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Op, I don't think anyone was aiming comments at you

Glad it's sorted for you, and welcome to the forum! 

Stick around, there might be some spare high horses somewhere ;) 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    TJT1979 said:
    OP here. Wow, there is a lot of negativity and baseless assumptions. Using words such as "retarded" without knowing anything about the situation is a bit much, I would say.

I stated the facts in my original post - apart from saying I wasn't very impressed I gave no personal opinions at all. This was hardly an attack. I was just asking if there was a contact here who might be able to help me.

The reason I didn't want to phone them to follow up was this: I live in Argentina. It's an expensive international phonecall. Simple as that. Sorry if that doesn't fit with your "socially inept under-25" theories.

This is a business with a predominantly-online profile. That's where they do all their marketing, and the vast majority of their sales. I think these days 3 days is a long wait for an email reply from a modern, online company.

For the people who are actually interested in the facts and not just making baseless assumptions, here is a follow-up...

I phoned a few hours ago (an international call as mentioned above). I spoke to Tom (?) from the shop. He apologised and explained two problems. One was that they have been having trouble with their delivery company (I didn't ask beyond that so I don't really know what that means). The other problem was that they posted my order to the billing address rather than the delivery address.

He was very polite and apologetic, and immediately organised a replacement to be sent out ASAP. The whole thing was resolved professionally and quickly.

I would (and will) order from them in the future. My only complaint was the lack of email response (and saying "I'm not very impressed" was hardly an inflammatory statement!). I am not the type of person who would join a forum in order to criticise a business.

I really don't appreciate all the assumptions made. Seems like some people here need to get off their high horses.
    Threads tend to go sideways and expand on issues around the op. Some of the posts here are parallel to the op not at the op directly.

My point about calling really is valid. It's the obvious way of getting in touch - despite cost and getting resloved vs hoping a small firm answers email.. born out by your quick call got it sorted.

We live in an online world and are used to instant interaction. Some companies are amazing at it. Lots are not, the Talk to me now nature of a phone call will always be the good option if emails fail.

It's just we see a lot of negative comments on companies here and in so many cases email is all that's been tried.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    mrkb said:
    cliddell said:
    Well, I sort of get it. Stephen Fry said, if you think about it, phoning is incredibly rude, it's the equivalent of walking up to someone and going: "Talk to me now, talk to me now, talk to me now......" ad nauseum until they pay attention to you.

Totally agree. I rarely answer my phone unless I’m free and have nothing else on for the next 15 mins as alot of people can’t be succinct in their conversation, I will often ask for the info to be sent in an email afterwards. Emails and texts can be answered in a single session when it’s convenient to me, and are also traceable as to what was communicated.
    Except here the email route already failed. So isn't calling generally the obvious plan B.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30294
    What is it that Crimson sell that can't be had more conveniently from the Americas?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • No high horse aimed at you at all, I was responding to another poster.

I’ve had this exact issue with this company before which is why I suggested calling in the first place. They were not keeping me informed via email and I had to chase them myself.
  • TJT1979TJT1979 Frets: 188
    Regarding phone vs email, if an email doesn't get a prompt reply I will phone. In this case living abroad it's something I try to avoid. 

My ethos is this: if a company is happy to use the internet to sell a product and take my money, then the internet should work well as a method of communication.

In the case of Crimson it's clearly a company growing quickly and it seems as they adapt to greater volume they are having some teething problems. As mentioned above it was resolved quickly and professionally when I phoned - IMHO they should have read my email from Monday and done the same thing. If I hadn't phoned what is an acceptable wait for an email response? I didn't get a reply after 3 days. Is 5 days OK? A week? Two weeks?

Anyway, I have no problem with Crimson - I just feel like they probably need more staff to handle a growing business.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom