Line 6 Helix HX effects unit leaked....

What's Hot

Comments

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    I'm rehearsing all afternoon for a big show tomorrow but will do my best to have all the info ready at 4.59. Launch is 5pm. I'm sure there is stuff I don't know but I do know stuff. And I've seen stuff. Haven't plugged stuff in but have tinkered with some stuff. And I'll be buying stuff.

Appreciated
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2440

And I've seen stuff.

Brilliant. And not strictly untrue. I've seen so many products that never got to see the light of day. Really great stuff. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326

To be fair, that sounds like a brilliant piece of kit.

I found the Helix too much for me. I like how my amps sound.

If I can have that huge list of effects plus IR (the website says no IR space....is that just a translation issue?) that would be cool, plus smaller/lighter/cheaper.

• Apparently it has all the fx from Helix AND the M series pedals.  
    And it has IR loading but no amps. 
    ...and external amp channel control, by the looks of it. Seems it'll be an extremely useful bit of kit for those who don't want the amp modelling :)
    IR loading but no amp is still super useful to me.

The Darkglass model for bass is pretty good straight into an IR... making it a shit hot tiny bass multi FX

If there’s a loop I have an AMT P2 that would make it good for guitar too.

I don’t need one but it looks a good product 
    To be fair, I've just realised how spot on they have hooked into the bass effects, so yes, at the right price I'd get one of these over a Helix....because I like using my bass/guitars amps.
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    If I was line 6 I would really be taking a hammer to my dealers.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Fuckwits.

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    Roll on 4.59pm - it's like Crackerjack.

I also like the idea that there are bass fx in it.
  • Hmm...£540 might be a bit steep, given that another £145 gets you the LT.

Then again, if you've only got M9-ish space on your board and you don't need modeling etc...
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Hmm...£540 might be a bit steep, given that another £145 gets you the LT.

Then again, if you've only got M9-ish space on your board and you don't need modeling etc...

I doubt that's anything more than a holder price just now

• OK so now we know there is a HX Effects unit on the way, how does the impending Helix 2.50 update tie in with this in mind?

Is it a predominantly effects based update to give a fresh set of models to the effects section and kick start the launch of new HX Effects only unit? Or could the new HX Effects have some unique effects that are not in the Helix? or the other way around? which would be controversial...  

The goal will be to add the same effects models to all Helix/HX products simultaneously.
    digitalscream said:

And I've seen stuff.

YES!
    Cabicular said:

I would be inclined to agree. They won't know the price yet and there is a strong possibility as has happened a few times the price can go up or down significantly before it actually lands. I was told a different target price but we'll see. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I really want one of these but not sure I can justify it.... not that it’s ever stopped me before
  • Cabicular said:

I would be inclined to agree. They won't know the price yet and there is a strong possibility as has happened a few times the price can go up or down significantly before it actually lands. I was told a different target price but we'll see. 
    That's my assumption, to be honest. The LT pricing has backed L6 into a corner - the M13 is still £385, so pricing the HX FX close to that means that the dealers won't be able to shift existing stock. £540 is almost smack in the middle of the M13 and the LT.

As soon as the channel's clear of M9s and M13s (or close to it), I'd imagine that the price will come straight down to £400-450.

</amateureconomics>
    <space for hire>
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Cabicular said:

That's my assumption, to be honest. The LT pricing has backed L6 into a corner - the M13 is still £385, so pricing the HX FX close to that means that the dealers won't be able to shift existing stock. £540 is almost smack in the middle of the M13 and the LT.

As soon as the channel's clear of M9s and M13s (or close to it), I'd imagine that the price will come straight down to £400-450.

</amateureconomics>

That's a bit bonkers in my book, usual strategy would be to heavily discount the outgoing product to make way for the new, bearing in mind they must have had their money's worth out of the existing platform.
    If it hits around £450-470 I'll be getting one.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    If it hits around £450-470 I'll be getting one.

Yeah, £450 and I'm seriously tempted, £540 and I'm somehow not...
  • I'll be getting one! Still want it to be called "FeliX" though.

Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom