The only thing better than a Mesa Trem-o-verb...

What's Hot
ICBMICBM Frets: 72325
edited April 2016 in Amps
... is two Mesa Trem-o-verbs :)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17607
    tFB Trader
    Do you take one in each hand :D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72325
    No, silly - they're on wheels. You strap one to each foot.

:D

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17607
    tFB Trader
    Trem-O-skates 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7142
    ICBM said:

Please make a video of this.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    ICBM said:

I assume you turn the volume up, and use the air movement as an engine*?

*sounded funnier in my head

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• horsehorse Frets: 1568
    I like how they're about the same width as the sofa - gives a good indication of scale!
  • One on and one in the wash!
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2357
    I see you have the same philosophy on throws and cushions on your sofa :D
  • ICBM said:
    That's fookin MENTAL, John!
    edited August 2013
    I was really tempted to post this in the 'Home Practice Gear' thread :)).

And in fact, it works brilliantly - you get a HUGE sound at surprisingly low volume, probably around loud-ish TV levels. One amp at each end of the sofa and sit between them and you're into private-headphone-mix territory, but with real tone.

It looks way over the top, and of course it is... or is it?! If it gives the sound you want at the volume you want, maybe it's not!

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2357
    ^ LOL

agreed
  • Were guitarists - Practicality and common sense get left at the door along with dress sense and consideration for band members =)

Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • BluesyDaveBluesyDave Frets: 411
    .....I wonder what 3 would sound like?  No that's just silly.  Nice rig btw.
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
    .....I wonder what 3 would sound like?  No that's just silly.  Nice rig btw.
    Wet/dry/wet rig like Brian May with his AC30s!

But you're thinking too small :). I was already wondering what four would be like :D.

One for each mode, so it could be set for optimal output valve/rectifier/power level etc as well...

ICBM said:
    Wet/dry/wet rig like Brian May with his AC30s!
    ......and Steve Morse.

But you're thinking too small :). I was already wondering what four would be like :D.

One for each mode, so it could be set for optimal output valve/rectifier/power level etc as well...
    Like your thinking.

Meant to ask.....How the hell did you get it past Mrs ICBM?

Meant to ask.....How the hell did you get it past Mrs ICBM?
    Easy... it doesn't live in the room with the sofa normally, it's in my workshop. It didn't actually cost me anything directly either - it was what was left at the end of a very long chain of deals and swaps with friends. I'm not sure if she even knows it's mine really!

And since the two look the same (now I've swapped the knobs and the light on the 'new' one), it's not instantly obvious there's more than one if they're not in the same room.

That said, I need to be careful... I once had an old Marshall chassis lying in the hall, with the rarer Plessey filter caps, and she walked past it and said "Aren't those green things normally blue?" :)

• olsols Frets: 10
    DiscoStu said:
    Three words: Not loud enough ;)
    You clearly have the technique down to a very fine art.......respect.