Digital mixers and adjusting IEM mix from phone app ?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 14084
    I’m just about to click “Buy now” on the XR18 and I’ve stopped because I can’t seem to find the iPhone version of the ‘X Air Q’ monitor mix app.  I’ve been frantically Googling but all I’m seeing are posts from people moaning that it doesn’t exist!

Surely that’s not right ?

Half the band have iPhones.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • We use this app. 

XAir Monitor Mixer by Eric Tetz
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/xair-monitor-mixer/id1271279395?mt=8
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    Thanks mate.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 2284
    Have you got an old WiFi router kicking about? The inbuilt WiFi isn't particularly reliable, and it’s security is poor. It’s worth using a separate router. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • Roland said:
    Have you got an old WiFi router kicking about? The inbuilt WiFi isn't particularly reliable, and it’s security is poor. It’s worth using a separate router. 
    Yes this is essential if you want a rock solid connection via WiFi. I picked up a Netgear 5G router for about £15 off eBay. It works great. The 5G band is much less populated therefore it’s easy to get a stable connection. With the on board 2.4gb WiFi on the XR18 as soon as you get into any populated venue with the majority of people using smartphones, you are going to struggle. 

We also have a Laptop hardwired to the Netgear router via Ethernet cable for backup in case we lose the WiFi connection. Although so far as I said it’s been rock solid with the 5G router.
    Roland said:
    Yep...  as a WiFi engineer, I have several to choose from!
    Oooh!!  It’s coming today!  It’s coming today!!!  I can’t wait!!
    I’m as excited as Gary Glitter landing a gig as Noo-Noo at a live Teletubbies show!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • XR18 you can get the X-AIR Q app select which bus you want and then control only that bus from the app, so you can essential name them all with the band members name and have up to 6 individual monitor mixes controled by the members then the that just leaves the Main LR to you.