Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Pics of the guitar you're currently playing most...

What's Hot

Comments

• thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Serratus said:

http://www.richardfayswirls.com/communities/6/004/013/590/476//images/4634827452.jpg

My current fave - based on an Ibanez RG1527 but with a custom korina body, swirl paint finish by me, and a Bare Knuckle Holy Diver set with a diMarzio single coil in between

Love that!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    @Serratus Where did you get the body from? I've seen that pic before, it's great
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    +1 wow @Serratus for a stunning paint job.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    edited August 2018
    Serratus said:

http://www.richardfayswirls.com/communities/6/004/013/590/476//images/4634827452.jpg

My current fave - based on an Ibanez RG1527 but with a custom korina body, swirl paint finish by me, and a Bare Knuckle Holy Diver set with a diMarzio single coil in between

Blimey that is such a well executed swirl! Nice work! Did it take a few practice attempts first?

Edit: Just saw your website - fab stuff
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    https://i.imgur.com/cLEJbrK.jpg

- this and it seems to be catching on the forum!
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @Serratus (slight aside from thread) Having seen that swirling is your thing, here's one I picked up years ago, just a Mex standard but I thought the swirl was pretty nice:

• HoraceBHoraceB Frets: 337
    Well, , after playing Fender Strats for many years and scoffing at lookalikes I too went for a Suhr I thought I was going to the dark side after a mad lonely Friday night looking at Guitar Guitar website this turned up a couple  of days later ("it's not expensive dear as you can see it's just a copy" )  I'm loving  it so much, it covers all definitely the best S guitar I have owned and is a dream to play, definitely my main guitar especially for gigging  I'm so impressed I'm now looking to Suhr Badger 35 . 

https://i.imgur.com/xTyK65D.jpg

With the competition :)

https://i.imgur.com/PUC2Svz.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1813/43314759604_fc0654af19_z.jpg

My PRS Custom 22 modded with 6100 fretwire and a Freeway 3x3 pickup selector, backup to that is my 1983 Yamaha SG1000, now with Dunlop 6100 fretwire and modded with a set of Bare Knuckle Cold Sweats. The covers are styled to look like original Yamaha Spinex pickups.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1816/29096253297_466f4fbf43_z.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SerratusSerratus Frets: 121
    Thanks for the nice comments everyone :) The body was made by Area 51, I bought it when they were selling off the last of their stock before they stopped building. And it was a first time swirl (as in, I've done loads of swirls, but that was the first with those colours and came out pretty much exactly how I wanted it) - doesn't always happen but most of the time they come out how I want them to! :)
  • jamesjames Frets: 50
    edited August 2018
    My tele is my main gigging guitar. Alongside the DRRI it's normally plugged in to. 

• Dave_VaderDave_Vader Frets: 360
    Still this one (it's the same guitar honest - well some of it is) on the left in 1989 when I got it, and on the right, now.
    A bloke at a Jam night I played last night told me it had to be older than 30 years as it looked so knackered.
    I told him it had done an awful lot of work, but he still insisted it had to be older than it is.

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6059
    mart said:
    JezWynd said:
    mart said:
    Out of the house it’s this:

Very nice. How's the fretboard on those (it is a Warwick Thumb yes?), looks to be very broad? Since getting a fretless violin bass I've been obsessed with fretless - there's just so many more notes available!
    Thanks. Yes, it’s a Warwick thumb.

The fretboard isn’t particularly broad - about the same as your average P bass, but the neck is pretty thick. I like it, but I have fairly big hands.

Welcome to the fretless club! I switched to playing fretless twenty five years ago, and hardly ever play a fretted bass now. I just love the variety of expression I can get on this - it can punch hard if I want, but it can also sing really sweetly too.
    That's exactly what I'm discovering. I've slackened off the strings on my Ric and put it away in its case. I've even thought about getting the frets removed from it but I'll give it 6 months before seriously considering doing anything so drastic. I'm not sure it would be a good idea anyway as the neck has a gloss finish. You nailed it though - fretless is a very expressive instrument (and very demanding too, which is another part of its charm).
  • AnderzAnderz Frets: 30
    TA22GT said:
    These 2. An MJT Strat and a Baja Tele

The perfect pair.
    I could be happy with just the strat. But that's me. Still a cool pair to own and cherish.
    Computer Shop UK Your PC Needs In One Place: https://computershopuk.com/
  • MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 3024
    edited August 2018
    Still my Strat. It’s just a bog standard 2015 US Standard, bought blind new 2 years ago for my 40th, and my first decent guitar.  sounds exactly as a strat should, the 5 pickup selections all have their distinct character. Going from 9’s to 10’s and finally working out how to set it up correctly means it’s now playing even better and staying in tune.  After 2 years I’m still pinching myself that I have a US Fender Stat. It’s such a classic design, the finest purchase of my life, as they like to say on the US forums, this ones a keeper! 

https://i.imgur.com/tEhXxRO.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2526
    Anderz said:
    TA22GT said:

The perfect pair.
    I could be happy with just the strat. But that's me. Still a cool pair to own and cherish.
    Cheers! Sometimes I do wonder why I am still constantly trolling through the classifieds ..  :#
    Still my Strat. It’s just a bog standard 2015 US Standard, bought blind new 2 years ago for my 40th, and my first decent guitar.  sounds exactly as a strat should, the 5 pickup selections all have their distinct character. Going from 9’s to 10’s and finally working out how to set it up correctly means it’s now playing even better and staying in tune.  After 2 years I’m still pinching myself that I have a US Fender Stat. It’s such a classic design, the finest purchase of my life, as they like to say on the US forums, this ones a keeper! 

https://i.imgur.com/tEhXxRO.jpg
    Wow'd. My first decent guitar was an American standard just like this. I played that thing solidly for 10 years before wrist issues forced me to look elsewhere. 

Hope it gives you as much (and more!) pleasure as mine gave me.
  • john_rjohn_r Frets: 130
    This is my main squeeze, a keef-ish partscaster, mojo pups, all parts neck, unknown body (possibly guitarbuild), love it!

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12354
    Anderz said:
    TA22GT said:

The perfect pair.
    Cheers! Sometimes I do wonder why I am still constantly trolling through the classifieds ..  :#
    You're stalking a jazzmaster thinking about pouncing, same as me!
  • terada said:

Wow'd. My first decent guitar was an American standard just like this. I played that thing solidly for 10 years before wrist issues forced me to look elsewhere. 

Hope it gives you as much (and more!) pleasure as mine gave me.
    Thanks @terada. I did buy a Vintage Lemon Drop earlier this year just to see how I get on with a Les Paul style guitar. I do like it but keep coming back to the Strat. Though it's not containing the GAS; I now want a Jaguar!
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4670
    This one is probably my most played at the moment 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom