Now the owner of a Jazzmaster, and just had the top E string unwind at the ball end after only very mild trem wiggling. Have looked around the usual places, and it appears that, yes, this is a thing. I would have been restringing with 11s anyway, so no biggie, but wondered if there's a way of alleviating this in the future. Read about one or other of these helping...
- finding the "right" string brand
- soldering the winding at the ball end of the plain strings
- flipping the outer two pivot plate screws so the heads don't catch the string as it passes over them into the tailpiece
- shimming the neck and raising the bridge
- fitting a Mastery vibrato
Anyone with any first-hand experience of this like to share tips/tricks?
New fangled trading feedback link right here!