So... Victory preamp pedals?

What's Hot

Comments

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited September 2018
    These are interesting and I like the concept.

Rabea has just done a video for The Kraken pedal. That model wouldn't be right for me as I'd love a crunch, more Plexi to 5150-ish sound and so I'd be looking at the other models.

I'm using a Divided by 13 single-channel amp and feel like I've got the best clean channel I'll probably ever get and absolutely love it. All my overdrive sounds come from pedals, singular use or stacking them, but it's still not the same, pleasing experience as a valve amp.

Thing is, they way I would want to use one of these pedals is in the Through Mode to retain my Divided clean preamp sound and use of the front panel amp controls, however, this means it needs to go into an FX Loop and my amp doesn't have one. Is there anything out there that can be plumbed in to effectively give you an FX Loop?  I don't want to go down the second amp route, although the PRS MT15 Mark Tremonti lunch box head looks good for £100 or so pounds more or even the Laney heads with the fancy spec.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Kebabkid said:
    These are interesting and I like the concept.

Rabea has just done a video for The Kraken pedal. That model wouldn't be right for me as I'd love a crunch, more Plexi to 5150-ish sound and so I'd be looking at the other models.

I'm using a Divided by 13 single-channel amp and feel like I've got the best clean channel I'll probably ever get and absolutely love it. All my overdrive sounds come from pedals, singular use or stacking them, but it's still not the same, pleasing experience as a valve amp.

Thing is, they way I would want to use one of these pedals is in the Through Mode to retain my Divided clean preamp sound and use of the front panel amp controls, however, this means it needs to go into an FX Loop and my amp doesn't have one. Is there anything out there that can be plumbed in to effectively give you an FX Loop?  I don't want to go down the second amp route, although the PRS MT15 Mark Tremonti lunch box head looks good for £100 or so pounds more or even the Laney heads with the fancy spec.
    Fryette Power Station
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    Thanks @gibsongretschfan and that looks perfect.

Well, that's any budget I had for something like this completely blown out of the water :)
  • Kebabkid said:
    Thanks @gibsongretschfan and that looks perfect.

Well, that's any budget I had for something like this completely blown out of the water :)
    The Fryette is great and the only thing I know of that can do what you’re after but it does seem like overkill lol.... I have one... I like overkill 
  • Just had shipping confirmation that mine is arriving on Monday :)
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699

As far as i understood it, the tubes in these are sub-miniatures that aren't socketed, they're soldered directly in, so there's no easy way of replacing them.

• tekbow said:

As far as i understood it, the tubes in these are sub-miniatures that aren't socketed, they're soldered directly in, so there's no easy way of replacing them.

I’ve not heard that and would be surprised if that we’re the case 
  • tekbow said:

Nope. Certainly in the Kraken, at least, they're 1 x EC900 and 3 x CV4014, which are neither sub-miniature nor soldered.

Were that the case, there would be no need for the enclosures to be so big.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2579
    tFB Trader
    tekbow said:

I’ve not heard that and would be surprised if that we’re the case 
    That is what I heard too and based on the enclosures I would assume this is the case. I actually first thought they were solid state. probably still good for thousands of hours use though
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    My mistake, and glad I'm wrong as well! Just checked the website, they are indeed socketed.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I’ll soon find out on Monday 
  • victory amps always sound super vanilla to me.
    I agree that they are a little bit meh! However I like the kraken tone for drop tuning tones and this is a cheap solution to add to my existing rigs 
    Martin Kidd amps always tend to be fairly translucent. If it’s sounding vanilla it’s orobably in need of a guitar with more character
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Martin Kidd amps always tend to be fairly translucent. If it’s sounding vanilla it’s orobably in need of a guitar with more character
    Indeed. My Kraken was anything but characterless, and it was very sensitive to the characteristics of the guitar being played.
    <space for hire>
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    That sounded bloody horrible but then I’m not a great fan of Victory Amps anyway, fair play for trying something different though
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Some gut shots from the Kraken for you